Any Fish Biting in Metro?

• Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I haven’t been able to fish in a couple of weeks. When I was driving to get bait this evening I drove past White Bear and there were very few folks out there. It’s pretty cold so maybe that’s why. Or maybe the bite is really slow right now?
    Anyway, I have the day off tomorrow and am planning to get out. What luck have you guys been having?

Alex browne

What type of fish are you looking to target?

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

Walleye, Sauger, Crappie, or whatever’s biting.
    Would like to know what depth the crappies are at right now.
    I have yet to catch my first crappie this ice season. Kinda weird for me.
    Also are the pike active yet in lead-up to spawn? I recall catching some nice pike last year in early March so I know it’s not to far off.
    It’s been a while since I’ve caught pike. Maybe two months or more.

Alex browne

If you’re up for the work of a double header on two lakes near each other I can point you to spots for walleye, big pike, and a short trip to a crappie lake.

Kent Tau

I thought walleyes were out of season meaning.. you cant intentionally fished them. Correct me if I am wrong. .

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

If you’re up for the work of a double header on two lakes near each other I can point you to spots for walleye, big pike, and a short trip to a crappie lake.

Totally. PM me with that info. I’m up for something I haven’t fished before.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Where were you fishing pike in March?

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I thought walleyes were out of season meaning.. you cant intentionally fished them. Correct me if I am wrong. .

Looks like you are right. The 2014 Walleye season ended on Feb 22. The 2015 season ends on Feb 28.

Oh well, guess I’ll be fishing for crappies.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Kent Tau wrote:</div>

Looks like you are right. The 2014 Walleye season ended on Feb 22. The 2015 season ends on Feb 28.

Oh well, guess I’ll be fishing for crappies.

Although the St. Croix is still fair game until March 1. Area lakes season for Walleye and pike is over now.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I’ve had good luck on Minnetonka all winter for Sunnies. Nothing great in size but lots of numbers. Sort through them long enough and you can get a bucket full of 8 inchers. Pretty much non-stop action if you are just looking to catch fish during the day. 17 fow, I’ve found that you have to have a small tungsten jig that sits horizontal. Not much luck on bigger jigs or vertical ones.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.