Any car guys?

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I have bought a classic muscle car again!! Been 10 plus years since I sold my barracuda and have been shopping around for a few mon?ths and finally found the one I wanted that car is a 1972 charger out of state car that has been in good hands for the last 17 years! No my question is have any of you guys used electric cut outs/ gate valves in exhaust? Wondering on information on a good pair to install?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230815-150758.png

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Congratulations on the new toy. I dream about buying another muscle car. I miss my 1979 10th anniversary edition Trans AM and 86 Camaro. There is a great website called Auto Tempest I have been using to try and track down my next car. Just one that I can afford has not popped up yet.

https://www.autotempest.com/

As far as the cutouts go. Do it. peace Loud pipes saves lives.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sweet ride Scratcher! I have not owned a muscle car for quite some time now. Not sure on the cut outs, there seem to be very few speed shops around nowadays. Twin City Rod and Custom claims to be the twin cities oldest speed shop. Close to Rochester. Good luck.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How odd. I drove an old muscle car yesterday. Probably the first time in 30 years. Not buying. My neighbor.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Congrats Scratcher! She’s a beaut! What year cuda did you have?

CaptainMusky

Thats a sweet looking ride! I would look into I think they are called Zoomies. Dave Kindig from kindigit design uses them all the time. I watch that show a lot.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Congrats Scratcher! She’s a beaut! What year cuda did you have?

He did say Barracuda, so in my mind it would have to be a 1964-1969, the Cuda ran from 1070-1974.

If you were looking at a Electric Cutout, I personally think the only option is Quick Time, QTP.

I had the standard cutout on my Camaro, and it was a pain in the ass to remove/install. It got to the point I just ran without it most of the time. But I was in my early 20s at the time and thought loud was cool.

By the way, cool car….E Bodies have owned a place in my heart for a long time. My favorite car growing up was a 1971 Cuda. The subtle changes from 70 to 71 made the car. I’ve never owned one, but would love to some day. Although, I am not a purist and would not stick with the factory motor and instead run something modern. I love the V10 conversions in the E Bodies. I’m typically a GM guys, multiple Fbodies, Y Body, ect.

MX1825

Sweet car Scratcher! waytogo

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Had a numbers matching 69 notchback that I restored barracuda orange 318 car all original. well after showing the car to a friend/ engine builder I think go big or go home I made a decision to upgrade the 51 year old motor and gonna pull the 440 (not original obviously) and have it rebuilt with a 512 stroker this winter possibly 500 to 600 HP, look out!!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Nice car. My current “toy cars” are a 69 Firebird and 2018 ZL1 1LE Camaro.

I’ve had the Firebird since high school and I’ll never sell it. 455, 4 speed, ford 9” rear end, mini tubs, 4 link rear suspension, 6 piston Brembo brakes, etc.

The Camaro is a measly 700hp…factory 650hp but new exhaust and intake bumps that to 700.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4090-scaled.jpeg

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Nice car. My current “toy cars” are a 69 Firebird and 2018 ZL1 1LE Camaro.

I’ve had the Firebird since high school and I’ll never sell it. 455, 4 speed, ford 9” rear end, mini tubs, 4 link rear suspension, 6 piston Brembo brakes, etc.

The Camaro is a measly 700hp…factory 650hp but new exhaust and intake bumps that to 700.

Damn, 50HP out of a Axle back and intake or LTs, X Pipe and Axle back? That that seems like an awful high number, considering how well the exhaust systems from the factory flow these days. This is obviously not apples to apples, since a blown car is going to benefit from a free flowing exhaust/intake, but we saw about 4RWHP gains from a axle back, 15 RWHP from LTs and X pipe and about 3 from a CAI on a 2001 C5, LS1. This is on a dyno consecutive installs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.