Any advice on Aitkin lake

• tim hurley

Weird map for this lake-I have no idea where to fish. Anyone have a clue? (for pannies)
    Thanks

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Weird map for this lake-I have no idea where to fish. Anyone have a clue? (for pannies)
    Thanks

What lake?

Sorry, I see it in the title now

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

The red circles is where I would start for pannies, but I have never been to the lake.

Attachments:
    1. aitkin-lake.jpg

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Tim,
    This lake is very small in comparison to its attached brother Big Sandy. Get in that boat and hit the pencil reed shorlines! The center and channels are full of fish! Keep in mind you have a 5 sunfish limit. Its a great area! I have a camper at Eagle Point and will also be up this weekend. Not sure Atkin is in my sights but have a blast!!!

Crappy Fisherman

Be careful getting back to Aitkin from Big Sandy. Only 1 way in, the river channel. My buddy lost a lower unit, it’s only a couple feet deep in a few spots. Stay in the middle of the channel. The Lakemaster map is pretty good. Once you get there go to the bay on the north east end threw the narrows. Depending on the time of year will determine where to fish. Sunfish will be in the cabbage when shallow or the deep hole when deep. Crappies are off the first break where ever the wind is blowing in.

Please release the bigger gills, I’ve watch people take 5 gal. Buckets full of 10 inchers. You won’t get them like that anymore, they pretty much fished the trophy gills down (5 fish limit )now. Plenty of easier lakes to get to for nice panfish. If you go, good luck.

tim hurley

Thanks for all the help, we will go slow and be careful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.