Another fisting from cabelas

• slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Purchased a cabelas tent last summer. Used it once. Was going to set it up in the yard and the cord for the pole snapped. It doesn’t just slide through easily or hold together without the cord.

Rogers store said warranty would be at customer service case by case basis. At store was told 90 day warranty and nothing. Didn’t expect a new tent, but maybe a pole, or anything?? I guess don t buy a tent there unless you don’t plan on using it or think 90 day warranty on a tent is good. Keep wondering why I haven’t swapped the cabelas card for something else???

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

We don’t use the tent much anymore since we bought our 5th wheel. We bought our last summer tent at Walmart for guests that want to visit us at the lake. It sets up easy too.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

For camping gear, I highly recommend REI. Great gear with an amazing return policy. You can return anything for any reason within a year.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

“ANOTHER FISTING FROM CABELAS” This title made me laugh, sorry about your tent, but can’t stop laughing at title. applause

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sorry man that really sucks.
    On the side not I agree with horn dog, rei is the only place to buy good out door gear and they are very easy to deal with

bigpike

Im sure you can get a replacement pole from whoever manufacturers the tent for cabelas. I machined a aluminium repair sleeve for a tent this spring – another option if you know any machinists. REI is the place for camping and good return policy and there stuff is customer tested and approved.

Deleted

Great title! Who doesn’t like a good retail fisting?

B-man

Why don’t you just put a new cord in?

It costs like $3 and doesn’t take very long.

Also, fisting seems kind of harsh for a 1/8″ bungee cord breaking.

I’d hate to hear how you describe a real life problem lol

Those poles are pretty easy to fix, just need the right shock cord. Midwest Mountaineering or REI will have it.

Midwest is a pretty good business to purchase a tent from. They keep detailed purchase records and have always been helpful with any post purchase issues I’ve had. Thrifty Outfitters upstairs repairs tent poles, zippers and other outdoor gear too.

Deuces

This would’ve made a great meme but all the Google pics I can find would get me kicked off again….. tongue

Sharon
    SE Metro

Like bigpike said, you should be able to contact the manufacturer for a new pole. Did the tent come with any paperwork? There might be a parts list for ordering replacements.

tangler
    Inactive

Those poles are pretty easy to fix, just need the right shock cord. Midwest Mountaineering or REI will have it.

Midwest is a pretty good business to purchase a tent from. They keep detailed purchase records and have always been helpful with any post purchase issues I’ve had. Thrifty Outfitters upstairs repairs tent poles, zippers and other outdoor gear too.

This!

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

It isn’t a major problem. Bman thanks for the suggestion of replacing the cord. That is what I’m doing. The fisting was not due to the price or fix needed it was due to buying what I would consider a sizeable purchase and having something break within a year. Employees only response at NEW cabelas was since bass pro bought us we can’t do anything about that.

If I tossed my hands in the air every time a customer had a problem I wouldn’t have customers anymore. We’ll see how it goes for them. I’ll be switching from a cabelas card to a cash back card and spend that money where I can get better deals on fishing gear. Reason I’m posting this is a suggestion of don’t buy a cabelas branded item unless you want a worthless warranty on it going forward. A couple years ago I had a cabelas fly rod snap. I walked in and walked out with a new cabelas fly rod. I also bought some extra items while there after receiving the replacement rod.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Already Got rid of my Cabela’s card. They sold that off to Capital 1 anyway. Cabela’s has lost all my business. I used to really enjoy going there.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think the shock cords and pole sections on tents are wear parts like tires on a car. I wouldn’t expect Cabelas or anybody else to extend a warranty to cover that kind of part.

It’s a pretty easy fix as well. I ended up sending all my tent poles to a gear repair place and had them all done at once because I also had a section of 2 poles that were about to fail on a Cabelas tent that was over 20 years old at the time. I’ll have to look and see if I still have the name of that outfit.

There are also repair kits on eBay.

Grouse

hnd

“ANOTHER FISTING FROM CABELAS” This title made me laugh, sorry about your tent, but can’t stop laughing at title. applause

same

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well. How did it feel? You’ve must have gotten the fist before. Was round 2 smoother? Easier to take in? More expected I’d bet!
    Sorry for your luck. They tried to bend me over the other day about a pair of boots. But I sat there like a stubborn old lady and stood my ground. They gave me a 129 dollar gift card that I couldnt figure out how to spend so i sold it on craigslist for 110 bucks

404 ERROR
    MN

This just in. Bass Pro hires a new CEO, step aside Johnny Morris.

Attachments:
    1. Fist1.jpg

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

In response to bear cats question it felt the same as previous. Regarding the title there was an exaggeration for comedic purposes. For the wear and tear I don’t think one use and one year would equal expected wear and tear. Either way the tent is up at the moment with one pole that doesn’t have a cord and the replacement shock cord is coming from amazon tomorrow.

Walleye Hungry

I recently took a gift back to cabelas WITH a gift receipt only to find out that because it was purchased over 90 days ago i could not return it even for store credit….unbelievable

big_g
    Isle, MN

Wait until REI gets bought out…. their return policy is exactly what Cabelas was… before BP bought it and “nothing” was going to change. smirk

I don’t think REI is going to get bought out, it’s a member owned co-op.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Oh ok, then when it just goes away… jester

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I mention World according to garp and The vehicle Hummer and it gets scratched rotflol

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.