Another Border Question

• ThunderLund78

I’ve been put in-charge of lunch items for our upcoming Canada trip. I’d like to buy a bunch of deli meat for sandwiches and freeze it. I’m looking at the regs for what can be brought in and basically anything non-poultry is acceptable. but the rules read as follows:

Packages must have identifying marks, indicating what the product is.
    Proof of country of origin is required (label showing Product of USA is acceptable).

I think the basic label they slap on it at the counter just says what it is and the name of the store… Not sure it says product of USA and I honestly don’t even know if what they’re cutting up in-back of the counter originates in the USA. Anyone ever bring deli meat over the border? For what they charge for it these days, I’d hate to have it confiscated. But I’d rather not buy the pre-packaged plastic tub stuff.

blank

You’ll be fine. In June the only restrictions were uncooked chicken or eggs.

ThunderLund78

So basically anything cooked (IE Deli meat) is OK?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I doubt you will have any issue. We have brought up lunch meat every trip and never had a issue including just this last June. In all the years my buddy has been going to Canada ( 25+ years and 2-3 trips a year ) he has never had them ever ask to look at anything he has with him. Maybe he’s just been really lucky. About the only things they ever ask about is Booze, Bait, and Guns. They do often ask what seems to be some rather strange questions. This is just to see how you react to the questions.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

When and where are you headed? Several friends and I are headed to Tobin Lake in Sask. in Mid Sept. Sure hope none of us get picked for the random covid test this time. That whole process was a mess on our last trip. Totally worthless process. Its not even the rapid test they do. By the time the results are know, you have been in their country for over a week and are most likely even back in the US. It makes totally no sense. Their Government is just as, if not more messed up than ours.

ThunderLund78

Heading-up on Sept. 6th – going to Lake Wabigoon, near Dryden, ON.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We are heading to Tobin in Sask. a week later than you. Have a great trip. look forward to hearing a report when you get back !!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I fished Wabigoon several times in the late 80’s and early 90’s. It was a top Muskie lake in those days. Also had a decent walleye population. I think its probably better know for walleyes these days.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Sure hope none of us get picked for the random covid test this time. That whole process was a mess on our last trip. Totally worthless process. Its not even the rapid test they do. By the time the results are know, you have been in their country for over a week and are most likely even back in the US. It makes totally no sense.

Haha. My old man said the same thing when they were randomly selected for a test crossing in June. He said it delayed their crossing by about 4-5 hours just to deal with that mess.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Sure hope none of us get picked for the random covid test this time. That whole process was a mess on our last trip. Totally worthless process. Its not even the rapid test they do. By the time the results are know, you have been in their country for over a week and are most likely even back in the US. It makes totally no sense.

Haha. My old man said the same thing when they were randomly selected for a test crossing in June. He said it delayed their crossing by about 4-5 hours just to deal with that mess.

Ours didn’t delay us at all. It was just not setup and planned well. Almost no instructions of how to complete, Endless waiting for calls that never came, lack of courier service where we were going, long distance to courier drop off from where we were at, Almost impossible to reach phone line to return calls from them, almost impossible to get test results, ect. This is the type of total BS when someone like their prime minister ( not unlike some of our politicians ) is on a power trip. The whole process makes no sense and does nothing to prevent anything.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Sorry to get the post off track. I’ll leave this to reply’s to the original poster.

Cam White

Packaged lunch meat originating in the us is fine. No bait at all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.