Another blade bait question.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Some blade baits have 3 holes for attaching a snap onto. What is the difference, I am sure the bait runs differently when tied in different holes. Is 1 hole for casting, vs. vertical jigging? Is 1 hole sorta the best of all worlds? I appreciate any help or tips.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The different holes change the frequency of the vibration.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks, any tips on which hole and for what technique?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

No. I haven’t used them in years. I’m someone else will chime in.

Ongo

The front one reduces the amount of wobble, the rear one has the most wobble and vibration. The choice of which one isn’t strictly related to whether you’re vertical or casting but also whether the fish want a more active or subtle presentation. If I’m using blades this time of year in super cold water right after ice out I’m usually going with the front spot for less active fish.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The VB style I always start with middle hole. Very seldom do I change

The Cicada style or tall blade has much more vibration. Those I will change to see how fish respond

robby
    Quad Cities

I have used these vertical jigging and have had good results at times. Im not really a Walleye fisherman. Heck I have vertically jigged Rattle Traps and caught stripies and basses when I see them on my electronics and figure by the way they are positioned they are game fish. But only used for Walters a few times. I know a guy that casts them and does well, but he does not share much. His deal. Im not sore. And may be dock talk too. lol. Who knows? If I find out he is sandbagging me, I will return the favor. lol. Anyways, anyone cast and retrieve blade baits?

robby
    Quad Cities

As always, I do appreciate your help. Be safe, happy, and well.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Depends if there’s current you’re fighting against and it vibes way too much, then switch over to front hole. Most of time, just use middle and it works, no need to switch.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks slipperybog. With a name like that Im not sure if to believe of not, but, I do need to buy a used car? LOL. I hope you find this funny, that is how I intended it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.