android boating app

• steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

finally got a smartphone as the kids forced it on us smash grin to upgrade, so now what are some of the best apps for me to purchase for gps or navigating basically the miss. river?
    thanks for any help
    steve

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I use Navionics on an android tablet. The stock maps don’t show a lot for contours on the river, but if you toggle over to “sonar chart” as your source you can see what others folks have mapped. Either way, it’s the river so you know the depths are always subject to change.

As far as navigation I’ve found it to be pretty accurate at showing the channel and marking wingdams up on my part of the river.

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

I use Navionics on an android tablet. The stock maps don’t show a lot for contours on the river, but if you toggle over to “sonar chart” as your source you can see what others folks have mapped. Either way, it’s the river so you know the depths are always subject to change.

As far as navigation I’ve found it to be pretty accurate at showing the channel and marking wingdams up on my part of the river.

thank you pool2fool
    I was looking at the navionics app and was hoping someone would verify my choice would be ok.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Time2fish is useful if you care about the moon phase and want to look at any date for your location.
    Fishing points also has moon phases (but if you don’t buy the app it will only show you the current day), weather, and pressure (of the current day)
    I like to use MyRadar for weather radar map.

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Time2fish is useful if you care about the moon phase and want to look at any date for your location.
    Fishing points also has moon phases (but if you don’t buy the app it will only show you the current day), weather, and pressure (of the current day)
    I like to use MyRadar for weather radar map.

thanks Tuma I could use a good radar app as that a good reason to have the phone along on the water also. thanks for any and all tips to get me set up.
    steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.