Amsoil…Sabre

• crappies

Just want to the ratio you guys out there are running for amsoil sabre in your solo augers? I was thinking 50:1. Im new to the amsoil.

Attachments:
    1. 20160106_211243.jpg

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

100:1-2 years and going for me auger,chain saw,weed whip.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

i do an in between mix 70 to 1.. i just don’t like going to 100 to 1

Kent Tau

I did break in at 50:1 then 80:1. Ran 50:1 on my solo mag going its third season, never had starting issues. Run even better at 80:1 as of now. I’ve heard people getting carb kit in 2 season old auger, probably because they’re using 40:1 or lower. Amsoil is good stuff, have used them when I was boosting hondas back in my days.

bee
    Maine

I think 4 years now with my Tanaka and chain saws.

404 ERROR
    MN

100:1 on my Tanaka, works great. I know guys who run 100:1 on their Solos. Sabre is great stuff. I even buy it by the quart and run it in my Stihl equipment also.

pattyice

I am always hesitant to run lubricant in amounts less than prescribed by the equipment manufacturer. Amsoil is good oil, but why risk seizing an engine due to lack of oil? 80:1 (1.6 oz oil) and 50:1 (2.6 oz oil). I’ll continue to run my equipment at the recommended mixes.

big_g
    Isle, MN

FWIW, the old ratio of 40:1 for 2 cycles, was when tolerences were not as tight as they are with todays engines. I will admit, 100:1 does make me cringe… crazy

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I run it about 80:1. At least 10 years in my auger.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

I’ve been using it for several years now, works good. Usually run 90:1, but doing 100:1 this year. Figure if it blows up, then it’s a good excuse for the wife that I have to get a new auger!! Actually I’ve run it 100:1 before with no issues, so probably still no new auger this year.

crappies

Thanks for all the advice guys i do appreciate it. Have fun on the ice catch a bunch a fish and be safe out there!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I run all of my 2 stroke small engines at 80:1. Great starts, hardly any smoke!

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

The 100:1 also makes me nervous. So I do the 80:1 and use in all my 2 strokes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been running around 100/1 for years in all my 2 strokes. No problems.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I am always hesitant to run lubricant in amounts less than prescribed by the equipment manufacturer. Amsoil is good oil, but why risk seizing an engine due to lack of oil? 80:1 (1.6 oz oil) and 50:1 (2.6 oz oil). I’ll continue to run my equipment at the recommended mixes.

Amsiol is guaranteed,if a motor using it goes you can file a claim….
    No need (IMO) though…I’ve been running 80:1 in all my 2 strokes for 5 years-no troubles…They run great too.

TripleA
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pattyice wrote:</div>

Amsiol is guaranteed,if a motor using it goes you can file a claim….
    No need (IMO) though…I’ve been running 80:1 in all my 2 strokes for 5 years-no troubles…They run great too.

I have heard of the guarantee, I have also heard of 3 different snowmobiles being denied warranty due to not running factory oil, even though AMSOIL claims they comply and will work with factory warranty’s. At least on larger more expensive toys I would wait to run amsoil until the warranty period is over. Just what I have heard recently.

fisherman-andy

This is a misconception. I have ran 100:1 Amsoil Saber in my Tecumseh and Solo motor for 5-8 years. I’ve also have read many reviews of folks running it for 10yrs or even longer with little to no issues or complaints.

Oil is a blend of components. The bulk of it is a base stock, which is oil, but it’s primary purpose is not to lubricate, but rather to blend with, and carry additives that provide specific functions. The most important additive is the one that provides the lubricity. Some people refer to this additive as “bright-stock”. The base oil also can blend with and carry other additives designed to accomplish different things. For example, quality oils have an additive that helps maintain the integrity of the gasoline should it be stored as mixed fuel for extended periods. Another additive may help reduce exhaust smoke.

At 100:1 most people look at that and think that there simply isn’t enough oil to allow the engine to survive, but again, it’s not the amount of base stock that is the important issue. It’s what is contained within the blend. Their blend has higher percentage of the additive than does another branded oil that mixes at 25:1.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Anyone have a recommendation where to find Saber in twin cities?

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

I’ve run 80:1 going on the 5th year. Was gun shy to start but studied up and found beings its a synthetic with extra goodies it can be done. Much nicer using it at that mix instead of having 3-4 different cans as I use it in everything. Starts better, no smoke or oil running out.

Daniel Hamilton

The base oil plays an important role in two stroke oils, ‘it’s just a carrier for additives’ is plain wrong. A manufacturer picks a base oil close to what the final product needs then formulates an additive package to get the final desired properties. The base oil provides the elasto-hydrodynamic wedge that is the very basis of rolling element bearing function. With out a base oil of proper viscosity it doesnt matter how much additive you throw at it. The bearing won’t function properly. If anything could be described as ‘just a carrier’ in two stroke it would be the solvents used to help cold flow. They actually hurt lubricity and use is minimized by selection of synthetics base stocks such as PAOs.

I run Sabre at 32:1. I burn more mixed gas in one week than most augers will see in 10 years. Runs great, tear downs look good. Saws and auger start right up. Yeah its way heavier than is probably needed. Keep in mind the 50:1 is an EPA initiative, not the manufactures suggesting it to increase engine life…

Kent Tau

Carquest is where I get mines probably marine shop also

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

I found mine at a NAPA store, not all carry it though.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.