Am I just old or is this really fun?

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

the last few years I’ve been spending much of my free time sitting in the garage drinking beer. I think it all started with me having 3 young boys and just needing to get away from the stress. Sometimes the radio is on sometimes I just enjoy the wind in the trees. Occasionally ill add a cigar to the mix. Im not solving life’s mystery’s or even thinking back on my own, just sort of sitting and thinking about whatever pops in my head. Maybe I’m ahead of my time but I can’t imagine anything more relaxing these days. My friends tease me and call me grandpa.

If you’re a garage drinker like me ill raise a beer can to you now. Cheers!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

On occasion my wife has found me out in the garage sitting in the boat.

You either understand that or you don’t.

SR

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’d say you both got it figured out. waytogo waytogo whistling yay

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’m not much of a drinker and I don’t smoke but sometimes the FW finds me in the garage and in the boat. waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

In all honesty I love doing the same thing. Im actually doing it right now. Having a busch light and jamming some Pantera at the moment. No one is home and life is beautiful. But im the type to be in the garage doing nothing over sitting in front of the TV.

Go Spuds

I truly enjoy sitting in the garage having a few and like u said-just thinking about whatever.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I used to love sitting in the garage, enjoying a beer, and watching Billy tinker. He was a master at tinkering and it was like watching This Old House or something. Though the music has changed from country to rock, and the projects have slowed, it brings a smile to my face to sit in his garage, amid his toys, and honor the amazing husband and friend that was my Billy.

Timmy

Same here. Love relaxing and tinkering in the garage.

Jason

I find myself sitting under the leanto on the shed, good thing the fridge isn’t under there with me or I would have some issues.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I’m with you on that one crappie.I have my $10 folding fishing chair that doubles as a grilling chair and a beer and just listen.I just came in from putting the grill away and finished a beer.I of course was now in the quiet listening chair,formerly the grillin chair.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I get a text from the neighbor every so often… we get together for garage beers pretty often.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My garage is like an oven in this hot weather so not now. But in the spring and fall when it’s cooler I’ll do it.

munchy
    NULL

I’m not much of a garage sitter, I always seem to find something that needs to be organized or worked on.

Our new house has a front porch that is situated perfectly to look directly at the sunsets. I’ll occasionally do that with whatever beverage suits my mood.

I more often than not get sidetracked while organizing the boat and just sit and relax for a few hours.

buddah6

4 boys and the basement is my nightly dungeon!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

My garage is like an oven in this hot weather so not now. But in the spring and fall when it’s cooler I’ll do it.

Free window ac in a garage is the cats rear end!!! I’m working the garage all summer and winter on different projects. I do have a separate detached garage/workshop, best investment ever.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

In all honesty I do think it comes with age and for sure having kids a guy just gets worn out sometimes.

I am still quite active, spent about 10 hours on the boat today, skiing, tubing and just got done fishing….. but there are days that my kids flat out wear me out. toast

Deuces

Past garages yes. Our champlin house was in a neighborhood where everyone was garage drinkers so had probably a case too many bc of it every week. New house not so much, yet.

Very much needed relaxing times just sitting out on your own property. Sometimes I do the front stairs, sometimes the back alley, switch it up depending on mood.

Sparklesonthewater
    Grinnell, Ia

I usually find a nice shady spot in the yard, don’t have a garage and just sit and listen to the birds sing and watch the trees blow in the wind, helps immensely to relax and let the troubles go.

gary d
    cordova,il

I like to sit in a garage so much I’m in the process of building another garage facing west so I can see the sunset.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Free window ac in a garage is the cats rear end!!! I’m working the garage all summer and winter on different projects. I do have a separate detached garage/workshop, best investment ever.

My attached garage has no windows and its fully insulated so ya, it bakes on a hot day. I have vents installed but for minimal airflow but trying to be in there this time of year in the evening is good way to cook myself.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I like to sit in a garage so much I’m in the process of building another garage facing west so I can see the sunset.

bow

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

My spectrum goes from Dan Fogelberg to Grand Funk and even Led Zeppelin but I’m definitely a member of your team. Great times!

walldows

That is one of my favorite things to on a Friday night. Pour myself a nice glass of some sort of adult beverage light a cigar and chill after a long week.

Ice Cap

the last few years I’ve been spending much of my free time sitting in the garage drinking beer. I think it all started with me having 3 young boys and just needing to get away from the stress. Sometimes the radio is on sometimes I just enjoy the wind in the trees. Occasionally ill add a cigar to the mix. Im not solving life’s mystery’s or even thinking back on my own, just sort of sitting and thinking about whatever pops in my head. Maybe I’m ahead of my time but I can’t imagine anything more relaxing these days. My friends tease me and call me grandpa.

If you’re a garage drinker like me ill raise a beer can to you now. Cheers!

Well if you’re friends are teasing you by calling you grandpa and you’re not one then you are still a youngin’. I’ve whiled away many hours in the garage drinking beers or other adult beverages. Often times watching some of my favorite concert dvd’s or my Johnny Carson collector edition dvd set. Heck I even throw a pizza in the pizza oven for myself. I’ve often staggered into the house at one or two am.

We had a hobby farm in the Scandia area about 35 years ago now. Had a big poultry barn. I raised laying hens, ringneck pheasants and picked up two breeding pairs of peacocks. We had a big lean to built off the poultry barn where the tractor and other things were parked. On thunderstorm nights I would go up there and sometimes the wife with me along with a cooler of beer and watch the thunderstorms. We would sit in lawn chairs watching until the storms would pass. Those darn peacocks would roost on top of the tractor right next to us the whole time as they had the run of the place and were not penned. Fun times for sure! toast

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Garage beers are the best beers sometimes.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Definitely one of my favorite things to do for relaxation! Turn on some tunes, pour a drink, & just relax. Usually I’ll sit right outside the garage in the back yard, watch the birds & reminisce. Or right inside the doors if it is raining & watch the storm roll thru. Its about the only “quiet time” I get.
    Many times on weekends I’ll get up & watch the sunrise. Nothing more beautiful than watching the sun come up on a new day!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Ditto! A good Saturday for me is getting up early, make a pot of coffee, open one of the garage doors and sit looking out and listening to FAN Outdoors, maybe tinkering with the boat. Followed by a day of chores or projects around the house. Finishing up the day in the same chair, looking out the same garage door watching the sunset with an ice cold Busch Latte. toast

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

32X50 with 10 side walls ,it seems like everytime i’m out there it some kind of project. Working on getting it fully insulated . It’s really nice to sit down and relax . Have a tv and just added my old home stereo . Nice to have tunes playing while working. Kinda sounds like a concert hall i have one bay with a cathedral ceiling 20 ft high . In floor heat is still not hooked up yet , when it is , sure will be nice for those cold weather months .

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I don’t remember a spring/summer that I have enjoyed more than this one; Not doing much, just sitting in the back yard and enjoying the view, birds, new stuff growing and blooming every day.

Pretty cool.

Pete

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.