Always on my mind

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

One thing that I have always thought about how the fishing is on the warroad area. You never hear anything about that area but I would think there would still be awesome fishing with not a lot of pressure. Thoughts.

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

My brother and a couple buddies went out of the Warroad area over New Years and went out a couple miles to the reefs. Fishing was pretty slow for them but they did get one 28″. This time of year I think a good majority of the fish are closer to the river.

404 ERROR
    MN

Had a couple buddies head out from the launch just east of town over the weekend. Spent 4 hours with 18 fish in around 18-20FOW off a reef. They had to battle some pretty nasty ridges that were over 6′ tall…Nothing bigger than 17″, but the bite was consistent. Most fish hit on a bobber with shiners.

grizzly
    nebraska

what is it like fishing over that way in the summer

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

There are no fish on the Warroad side of the lake lol

grizzly
    nebraska

allways go threw warroad on way to resort on the river. are there good places to stay in warroad and good places to fish if wind gets bad? how far do you have to run to find fish? not looking to steal ur honey holes just get a little info. are there places to rent for a week or more

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

There is a lot of good fishing close to Warroad.

Sandbar off of Springsteel Island, there are also a couple reefs close, Rudy’s and the DNR reef. Around the blinker, mouth of the Warroad River. All within a mile or 2 of the Warroad access.

Venture a little further to Elm point, Buffalo point (South Tip), Whiskey Jacks or 5 mile reef.

Springsteel resort maintains a road and there are a couple resorts and ice fishing rentals running houses out of Warroad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.