Alumacraft Dominator and Yamaha 9.9 Remote Kicker

• magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

I just recently added a Yamaha 9.9 Remote Kicker mounted on my 2011 Dominator 175. The kicker was mounted siting directly on the port side transom. I am unable to tilt the motor all the way up becuase the remote cable bracket hits the back deck. If I turn the motor to one side or the other I then can tilt it all the way up without the bracket hitting the back deck.

The remote cables also rub on the back deck which moves the bracket which cause the idle of the motor to change. I love the motor but I think there may be a better configuration for mouting this motor to this boat.

Has anyone used a bracket to set it back a little further? Maybe moving the motor up on the transom would help? Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Thanks Chris. I have heard of Panther lifts. I do have power tilt on the kicker so I will not need lift. Maybe one of there brackets would do the trick though.

MilleNortEnder

Look for a transom lift bracket. They are a fully welded piece that slips over and bolt on your transom to raise up the kicker. I run a T-8 on my 185 and I have enough room to tilt my engine up but the tiller handle hits the gunnel when I turn it. I saw this setup the other day and I am switching to it I just need to make sure the bracket will bolt to my existing holes in the transom.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

The remote cable bracket is what hits the back deck… if I would have went with a tiller I don’t think I would have had any issues.

I have been talking to the dealer about this issue and they are going to take a look at it when my rig goes in on July 9 to get the Lowrance Sonic Hub installed!

When I have wanted to tilt the motor all the way up I have been just swinging it to the outside and then the remote cable bracket clears the back deck.

Thanks for the input and I will discuss the possibillity of a transom lift bracket wtih my dealer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.