SLOW Fishing

• wicked_1
    Eau Claire WI

I was out yeasterday for a few hours in the morning. I was targeting crappies/perch/gills and I’d say I marked 10 fish in that time and never caught any. I have fished this lake for years so I know where I am going. Tried a few spots. This seems to be a trend over the last few years. The fishing seems to get worse every year. The pressure this lake gets really seems to be taking its toll even with the 10 fish limit.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I had the same results on Menomin last night. This weekend I was catching fish left and right. Got out to the “spot” and there was 20 shacks. Augers were ripping holes all around and guys were ripping around on snowmobiles. That sure didn’t help the crappie bite much

wally1992
    Evansville MN

You may not want to post on the net your catch and lake in the same report. I have a hard time with the younger generation bragging about there catch.
    Word travels pretty fast these days. I may be selfish, but I never catch that many fish!

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Sorry, didn.t mean to imply you were telling everyone. I was speaking in general.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

You may not want to post on the net your catch and lake in the same report. I have a hard time with the younger generation bragging about there catch.
    Word travels pretty fast these days. I may be selfish, but I never catch that many fish!

I know you weren’t implying me specifically but I haven’t posted an ice fishing report yet this year. It was just funny to me that all weekend the place I was fishing was a ghost town. This week the gold rush is on. Most of the spots on that Menomin aren’t a real big secret anyway. Its just life out there. Lots of guys fishing. I’ll be away from the crowds once the ice gets a little thicker.

bigpike

Quote:

Man you hit it on the head here. I think the internet is a wonderfull tool, and sharing technique and type of location and gear is great, but I cannot and will not give out my lakes or more specifically spots unless I am hitting the community hole. I never was a big fan of Altoona but it is a nice local lake to hit when you have a few hours. Good luck and I am sure the bite will pick up before this next front pushes through. I do find myself fishing off to myself more and more and catching more and more, I also believe in prefishing the ice. If the big gils, crappie and perch are there leading up to ice they will be there after the first ice…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.