Lake Altoona – Let’s Make a Deal

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

I have received several PM’s from my earlier post about our success on Saturday, so I got to thinking about a possible trade.

I have fished Lake Altoona since I moved to Altoona in 93. I would venture to say I have not been skunked there in the last 10 years (Having said that, I’m sure I just jinxed it.)

The DNR has a very nice map that shows several areas with cribs along the north shore and just west of the handicap access pier. I tried to attach a scanned copy of the map but got an error message because it is a pdf. If someone knows how to post a pdf, let me know and I will try again.

Well here is my proposal. I’m looking for someone with side imaging technology in their boat. I have seen Jason’s Humminbird presentation a couple of times and it looks like you can cruise up the lake, see the cribs, freeze the screen and mark the locations and have them stored as waypoints. I bought a new boat last year and my daughter just got married (they financed the wedding at the First Federal Bank of Dad), so the technology is not in the budget for a while yet. You’ll provide a boat with side imaging technology and I’ll provide years of experience on the lake (I’ll share all my hot spots and times of the year that they seem to work best), bait, and kick in for gas. We’ll fish and locate the cribs. At the end of the day I’ll get the waypoints we collected for the cribs and you’ll have lots of new areas on the lake to catch fish, not to mention a fun day on the lake and enough fish for supper.

So, what do you think, is this a fair deal? I basically want to rent your technology since I can’t afford it right now.

Any takers? Let me know.

Dave

whittsend

I’d be happy to help you out with a little SI instruction…

(PM sent)

whittsend

Dave –

I had a great day on the water with you yesterday morning… The weather was perfect, hardly a whisper of a breeze, not a cloud in the sky, great temps between 5 and 10am, and good company.

Thanks for sharing the boat with me, it was fun zooming around and scoping out potential fishy areas with the SI. I usually find that just as enjoyable as actually fishing most days. We’ll have to continue the SI search up on Wissota next time.

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.