Saturday, May 22 Fishing

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

We had our end of the school year fishing derby Saturday. About a dozen of us hit Lake Altoona from 8:00-noon. Fished for a little of everything, but in my boat we started with panfish to get some early points. We caught about 20 perch and kept 5-6 in the 9-11″ range for a meal. Got a few snake northerns in the same area with the biggest being around 20″. The lake was pretty busy by mid-morning. Have caught crappie just off the river channel around the corner from the beach area, but there must have been a dozen boats sitting there so we passed on that spot. Missed a few what I suspect were smallmouth because I was asleep at the wheel. Not paying attention and then get a bite and a poor hookset. A few cranks towards the boat and they were gone. Too much talking and not enough fishing I guess. Got a couple nice bluegills, but mostly perch today. Some of the other boats fished for bass, but didn’t have much luck and no walleye were caught, but not sure if they were targeted. We had a great morning of fishing, threw some brats on the grill and were on our way before the rain came.

I had my boss in the boat with me, so of course he won first place.

Dave

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.