Ice Reports?

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Is the lake froze over yet?

With this weekends warmer temps and chance of rain saturday and monday, its going to slow things down for a bit. Hopefully on the back side of this we can keep making ice.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

The report that we received is that Sportsmens Landing Bay has 2″-3″ of ice. Walleyes were being caught in 10 fow. The ice in Lake Bastine is dangerous and unfishable at this time.

We will keep you posted through-out the winter.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Ice in the Turtle River area is from 1″-3″ and still questionable.
    Ice in the Lake Bastine area is 3″-4″, but there are still some dangerous spots. Caution is advised.
    Ice off of Fisherman’s Landing is also questionable with depths from 2″-4″. Again, caution is advised.
    We would love to host you folks, but a walleye is not worth your life. We look forward to seeing you later in the season.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Thanks for the reports. I have heard of a few guys fishing in some of the bays and doing decent on eyes. They were saying that they were seeing 3-4 inches most of the time. Still pretty dangerous out there.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Your welcome Woody. Ice conditions are getting better. Reports are walleyes being caught in about 10 fow just off Sportsmens Landing late afternoon until about an hour after sunset.
    I will post reports as I receive them.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

What do the lake conditions look like now? With the rain over the weekend it must have melted the snow. We have some cold temps coming up here soon so hopefully that puts some ice on.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Ice thickness varies, but is about 6″. Guide Don Pemble reports going out on his ATV and catching walleyes in 3-5 fow around rocks and stumpy areas.

Today’s storm dropped about 3″-4″ of snow, so travel will not be too bad.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I’ll be up over Christmas trying to find the eyes. I will report anything of interest. Happy Holidays.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Good luck Woody and Merry Christmas.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Ice thickness is being reported at 6″-8″ with ATVs and snowmobiles traveling freely; however, we have not heard a report about the Big Water area, so caution is still advised.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.