osakis resort recomdations

• has
    Hudson, WI

Looking for a week long cabin rental. I have never fished the lake before but from what I hear it’s a good multispecies lake. I will have the in laws and a 3 and 1 year old so there needs to be stuff for them to do so I get time to fish.

Looking to go mid to late june. Is there still a decent walleye bite then?

Any suggestions are welcome. We usually stay and fish Minnewaska but looking for a new family destination.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve only been to Osakis once and we stayed at the Holiday Resort. I was very happy with it. There were kids all over. They have a play ground, nice cabins. I would go back! They have a web sight. I think we went the week of Labor Day or the one after. Caught some nice fish too.

I didn’t catch any walleyes, but there was a guy there that went out every night and knocked the snot out of them. I think he had a trailer up there, everybody knew him.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Holiday resort is the best place we have stayed. The other two were ok too but for the last three years it’s been holiday all the way. Lou and his crew are the best hosts . It’s on the north side of the lake and it at the narrowest part so the wind is not a big concern. Great fishing crappie are numerous and the walleyes are getting to a nice size. In fact we just fried up the last bunch of Lake Osakis fish on news years day
    They have a small beach and good play equipment for the kiddos
    Plus the Osakis and Alexandria area have lots of things to do if the weather gets nasty Give Lou a call you won’t be disappointed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.