Lake Carlos Advise

• has
    Hudson, WI

Heading up to lake carlos on sunday for a week. Will be staying at a cabin near the state park. Never fished the lake before, and suggestions on what I should be looking for? I will be targeting walleyes. I see it’s really deep and clear. Is there a trolling bite this time of year? I have plenty of lead rods and long-line/ board rods, should I bring them? Or am I better of rigging the weed line with spinners and lindy rigs or bobber fishing?

Also, how is the panfish population? Will have the wife and kids so I’m sure will do plenty of that.

Thanks for any tips you have. When I head west I always fish minnewaska, carlos is a new lake to my family.

bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Hi Erik!

Send a PM to Joe Scegura on this site or you can send him an e-mail – [email protected]
    He is a local guide in the area who knows all the lakes in Alexandria. I was just up there a few weeks ago fishing with him and had a awsome time. You could also hire him for a 1/2 day and that would help you out a lot in learning and fishing Carlos!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Lake Carlos, one of my favorite destinations. You looking for walleye or pannies or bass???

A good place to stop is the bait shop / marina just east of the State Park. They have always been helpful and know the up to date bite. LeHomme Deu is worthing spending a day or 2 on as well as a few others on the chain. You’ll be hooked on going out there

has
    Hudson, WI

Looking to catch mainly walleyes. Is it wporth trying ida for a day?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’d give Ida a try

On Carlos work the weedlines early and late, look for deeper structure during the day. I’ve had good luck up there this time of the year rigging leeches and crawlers around the sunken islands Really really clear lakes up there

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

You should be able to find walleye on either body of water right now. Miltona, the Chain, Osakis, Mary and Reno have also been very good. 18′-24′ with Lindy rigs has been producing. Spinners, jigs and lead core have also had their moments over the past two weeks. Have Fun!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.