Miltona Walleyes

• kbone054

Hey guys. First post, longtime browser.

I am heading up to Miltona for a week and wondering if anyone had any tips/insight/advice for walleye right now on the lake. I know this season has been weird and I am a bit confused on how to start fishing up there. I know they were shallow for so long….but are they back in their normal spots by now?

What about time of day? Lindy rig w/leeches?crawlers? How many fow? what sides of the lake, etc… Are shiners still working?

It’s supposed to be warm and sunny, so I am assuming deeper during the day and sunset. Do they move shallow at night?

What about cranks? what size, how deep, time of day?

Just looking to catch some descent amounts of eater walleyes throughout the week.

Any help, thoughts, insight would be greatly appreciated.

Happy 4th to you all!

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin

bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Kevin,

I was on Miltona a few weeks ago. At that time power corking bobbers was the ticket. The best advice I can give you is to hire a guide and have them show you what is working at the time you are there. This will help you out a lot to catch fish. I was fishing with Joe Scegura. He is a great person and guide. Check out the website and give him a call. You will not be disappointed!

http://jsguideservice.com/

tweedlap11

I would fish a little deeper on the breaks during the day.
    I would pull leeches or crawlers.
    Evening run…I would fish the same breaks but right
    up next to the deep cabbage.

Should be awesome fishing
    Good Luck,

tweed

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

In general it seems like people are struggling out there. There has been about 3-10 boats a night on the whole lake all year (of course there will be more over the 4th). There was just a massive bug hatch too. Most are fishing too deep. I’ve been in 12′ – 16′ of water. Bobbers, Lindy rigging leeches or crawlers and pulling spinners have all been working.

A few weeks ago Ben and his boy Zach were up and had an excellent night. The nice thing about the Alexandria area is there are so many great lakes. The fish are always biting somewhere

kbone054

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Another quick question:

What are you thoughts on Gulp fake leeches vs real ones? Do they actually work the same or not really? or better?

Just curious.

Thanks. -Kevin

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

In my opinion, there’s a place for them, but a slow presentation in clear water is not the place. I think you’d have better luck with an old gym sock on your hook. If the water was dirty or you were using it on a jig or spinner rig they would probably work well. In my experience slow presentations like a bobber rig or Lindy rig, the livelier the leech the more fish you will catch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.