Ice Update – Alexandria

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

On most lakes in the area the ice is pulled away from the edges 20-150 feet and have taken on the very black look. Some lakes with a lot of current are about half open. I checked ice conditions on Lake Mary yesterday and there was still over a foot of honeycombed ice. This ice is in very poor condition. I’d say a strong wind and some rain would really break the ice up. As it looks right now there will be very few lakes completely ice free by this Saturday, but there will plenty of lakes open enough to fish. I’ll update again on Thursday.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

Thanks for the great update joe!

briansmude

Checked out some brainerd area lakes today and would say about the same. Found one very small lake almost completely open, north long is pretty solid yet and south long about 40% open.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Take it easy on the small lake reporting. You do have the ability to make a difference at your fingertips. Thank you!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

When have I ever mentioned the name of a lake Mr. Wally? I said there was still ice on Mary? How is that going to change anything… other than maybe keep people away? I figured an honest ice report was needed

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Thanks for the report Joe, your efforts to keep everyone informed are appreciated. It seems everyone is in turmoil over where can they fish, what if the lake I plan to fish is the only one open and everyone goes there, will they catch all MY fish, etc. The ice conditions are out of our control and I for one am going up for the entire week regardless. I am confident in being able to fish some where by this weekend and more options as the week progresses.

Keep the reports coming, provides hope for all of us!

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Quote:

When have I ever mentioned the name of a lake Mr. Wally? I said there was still ice on Mary? How is that going to change anything… other than maybe keep people away? I figured an honest ice report was needed

Joe,

Have you had a chance to check the conditions yet?

deertracker

It’s a few days late, But every big lake I have checked is 100% open.
    DT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.