Alexandria Area Ice Reports 2018

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I figured I’d start an ice thread for the Alexandria area. If others have info feel free to post it!

This past weekend most large ponds froze over, but as of last night (11/12/18) the mid sized lakes were still open. Then, I woke up this morning to see lake Mary iced over. A quick drive around the lakes area and I noticed most of the mid sized lakes froze over completely last night! It won’t be long now.

Attachments:
    1. 20181113_072557.jpg

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Word has it a few crazies are venturing out on Reno in the bay.

fishingallday

Does anyone know if Osakis is froze over yet?

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I heard it caped yesterday. Highs in the low 40s the next few days so we will see if it holds

deertracker

I started a different thread but will add it here. I was out on a lake west of Alexandria tonight. I saw anywhere from 2.75 to 4.25 inches of ice.
    DT

deertracker

Word has it a few crazies are venturing out on Reno in the bay.

That is true. One of the first early ice spots every year.
    DT

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Here are the “Crazies” you speak of!

Attachments:
    1. 28826.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I started a different thread but will add it here. I was out on a lake west of Alexandria tonight. I saw anywhere from 2.75 to 4.25 inches of ice.
    DT

I know and I’m still trying to figure out where you found an auger to cut a square hole rotflol

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    DT

I know and I’m still trying to figure out where you found an auger to cut a square hole rotflol

Cordless waffle iron…..

deertracker

I use a 6 inch mortising bit. jester
    DT

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Does anyone know if Osakis is froze over yet?

I posted a report down in the Lake Osakis thread.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hey Joe, today at the Blaine Hardwater fishing expo I picked up a Clam promotional brochure that had an ad in it for Alexandria fishing and saw your pic with your son with a nice walleye in your fish house.

Went to the ExploreAlex website and found a couple more along with your fishing report. You keep humble and modest on this forum for such a fishing celebrity. wink

Would like to come and have you guide for a day sometime, maybe with some grandkids since I’m not doing all that good as far as the catching part. neutral

Attachments:
    1. joe2.jpg

2. joe1.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

You keep humble and modest on this forum for such a fishing celebrity.

Would like to come and have you guide for a day sometime, maybe with some grandkids since I’m not doing all that good as far as the catching part.

I have no idea how I missed this post Andy. Thanks for the kind words though.

I don’t like to blow my own horn too much, but I do appreciate when others do it for me! waytogo

I’d be happy to take you and your grandkids out fishing anytime. I love taking kids out fishing so that’s a bonus. I get pretty booked up so if you ever have a specific date in mind let me know and I can see what I can do. Thanks again and I post regular reports on https://explorealex.com/blog/ and weekly reports in the summer on AnglingBuzz TV.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Well being this is an ice thread I figured I’d through out a quick update. We have 3′ of ice and the slush isn’t too bad in the panfish areas due to previous traffic. Even running with the snowmobile I haven’t notice a lot of slush. We do have a lot of snow but there are roads on many of the lakes. The best road systems will be on Osakis and Minnewaska though. The resorts on these lakes do a great job keeping the roads open.

I will report again in a week after this weekends snow but I assume the roads will be maintained for quite some time yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.