Alexandria Area Fishing

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I’m planning a trip up to the Alexandria area from the 11th through the 18th of Feb. Will be staying on Lake Carlos and was wondering if anyone has any tips on fishing Carlos, Darling, Le Homme Dieu or some of the other lakes over that way. Not looking for record fish, just some crappies, perch, eye’s or whatever. Thanks

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

I fish the Alexandria area quite a bit and one thing that i have learned is that you really need to focus on the low light time frames – Sunrise and sunset. I know this is pretty generic, but with mainly clear water lakes in the area it seems to be much more important in the Alex area. Set the alarm early and be set up and on your A spot before the sun comes up!

bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

I would suggest hiring a guide for a day or 1/2 day to get some idea of current conditions and bite when you are up there.

I recommend Joe Scegura. I have fished with him many times and is a great guide and will point you in the right direction.

Here is his website. http://jsguideservice.com/

Ben

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Thanks for the info. I plan on being out early and late somewhere around the area. I’ll try and post something from up that way if possible.

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

I will second Joe Scegura. I was taking my kids for end of year crappie trip last year and did not know area. I hired Joe to come out and give us a few tips. Great guy and very helpful!
    Erik

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

Oh… the low light tip is spot on. Things were pretty slow until about 30 minutes after dark and then everything lit up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.