Stay OFF!

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Well guys it was a bit touch and go out there.
    It seems that there appears to be enough ice out there but with the heavy amount of water and snow on top of the ice it is very unstable!

Friday night we received a report of two wheelers stuck in the slush. (Actually when we got there they broke through in many spots when trying to get out.)

Second report there was a guy testing the ice in Bill horn by drilling holes. His auger is now in 32′ of water and his ice pics saved his life!

My report is that we were banking houses and one of our heavy guys leaned on his back foot to shovel and sploosh! Through 6″ of ice and he has one leg in the drink!

I get home last night and I get a call that there was a guy going across Bill Horn on his snowmobile and there happen to be a cabin owner watching him and Sploosh he is in the drink. They formed a rope line and got him out. They flaged down my two buddies and they brought him to there cabin. Ambulance showed up and his core temp was 91deg! He got a ride in a helicopter to Atkin!
    Scarry stuff boys. Lets let it freeze for a week or two.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.