Looking for a place to take the family

• captchaos
    Albert Lea, Mn

We have family coming in from Portland, Or at the end of September and they want to spend a few days up north fishing. I am looking for something within an hour of Hinckley, as my wife has a conference for work in Hinckley the middle of the week and if we are close enough, we will not have to take an extra vehicle for her. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to go to spend a few days and do a little fishing. Don’t really care what we catch, just so we can get some action and get a few fish for a meal or two. We are going to do some night trolling on Mille Lacs over the full moon, but don’t really want to go to a lake that big. Looking for a nice little resort as they are not really into camping. Nothing too fancy though
    Any suggestions ???
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Big Sandy Lake will be pretty quite during that time and there is a beatifull new resort with a website. Google up BigSandyresort. If you end up going there drop me a line and I can help you out with some fishing locations. I shut down my place this weekend or I would of took you out myself!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I just spent 3 days at Big Sandy Lodge & Resort for a mini honeymoon and this was a very nice resort with all you need right at the resort. You can rent boats/pontoons has indoor pool/excercise/hot tub, etc. Very beautiful view of the lake and has rooms above the lodge like a hotel or you can rent huge townhomes if you have a group of people. Nice launch with docking, etc. Newly remodled/rennovatd in 2005. This place is REAL nice. THis lake has Panfish, Norhtern, LM Bass and Walleyes. Shannon is most in touch with this lake but if you have any other questions, let me know!

CLICK HERE for the Resort

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Great resort!

LM Bass….huh?….

xrayman
    iowa

Quote:

Great resort!

LM Bass….huh?….

good food too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.