Big Sandy Report 7/28/07

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Yes it was time to give Big Sandy a change!
    I went out on Saturday with the family loaded in the boat and the rods rigged with 1oz bottom bouncers
    and tied off with floating rapala’s. I was convinced I was going to find walleyes deep! Why, because that’s
    what the text book tells you to do in late July when its scorching hot out. Once again someone forgot to
    tell Good Ole Big Sandy to follow the rules. I really wanted to convince myself I could catch walleyes on
    something different on this lake but I guess I will have to try something different next week. We trolled at
    1.7 MPH and let between 100 and 200 feet of line out. Nothing, Zip, Zilch! But this is what we did find out.
    My eldest being 14 and full of urine and vinegar bet me $5 bucks at the bar in quarters if he jumped out
    of the boat and could pass the boat swimming at 1.7 MPH. Of course I wanted to keep him in shape for
    the football season so I gladly said your on! That turkey head jumped out and had the boat passed in
    about 15 seconds! It was like he was chasing a video game across the water! I don’t think I will be allowed
    to forget that one for awhile. Needless to say I regrouped on Sunday and the wind picked up a bit and I
    was out there and back on tract! First pass landed 4 keep able walleyes and they were all caught in
    7 to 8 foot of water! Lots and lots of 8 to 9 inch fish! Which to me is great because I am still catching.
    2 guys approx. 20 fish and we kept 6 in the 14 to 18 inch range. Size one hammered brass on 10ft
    hand tied lindys. I am truly beginning to think 10am till 1pm is the best time to fish Big Sandy.
    On a side note I was able to finally meet up with FISHEYE on Sunday just before I was packing up to
    go home. He is a great guy and hope to share the boat with him soon!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Your 14 year old swimming faster than 1.7mph…Classic!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.