Big Sandy Report 6-16

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

6/16/07 ~ 6/17/07

Big Sandy comes through for us again!

I had the fine opportunity to bring my buddies son and my wife out fishing this weekend.
    I got a great little tip of a 10:00am till 1:00pm bite.
    It was nothing short of Awesome! My wife had three keepers in the boat within 10 minutes.
    She just looked at me and said I am good for the whole year!
    My buddies boy was sun burnt but very happy! It was his first time out this year.
    We did catch a ton of 8-9 inchers and we could keep 1 to every 4-5.
    All the fish kept were in the 14-18 inch range.
    6-9 foot chartreuse spinners were the ticket this weekend.
    Still catching them in the 6-7 foot range of water.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice report Shannon. I miss getting up there. It has been a couple years since I have boated a BSL Walleye. Soounds like you have them dialed in.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

It has really been a good year for us up there.
    I am afraid to say it but it is nice to see some size coming out of the lake also.

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

I’ll be heading up that way in a week or two.

Any advice on patterns? Lure/Colors/type of structure to look for?

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

The lake gains in boat traffic every weekend. There is a ton of Pleasure/sport boaters! The main lake on windy days will keep most of the traffic away from you. Fish the windy side of the lake and stay 8′ or less. Try to stay right on the weedline. Leeches have been the ticket so far this year. Last year around this time the bite switched over to crawlers but I have not seen that yet. Chartruse and hammered brass on 6′ t 8′ snells have been the ticket.

I have a seasonal site at Eagle Point resort which is located just past Pier 65. I am usually only up on the weekends but will be up earlier over the 4th. If your not having any luck stop by and I will try to help!

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

Thanks Sand Burr…Most appreciated.

Marty

xrayman
    iowa

Quote:

I have a seasonal site at Eagle Point resort which is located just past Pier 65.

I’ll have to look you up sometime, are you there most weekends i’ll be heading up later in the summer. My parents live on minnewawa and i fish both lakes when i can get up there. Ohh tell old terry hey from Matt from Iowa.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Yes, I am there virtualy every weekend till mid-september then it gets a little sketchy. I will give Terry the message!

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

We come up July 1st. I will try looking you up if we arrive early enough.

Thanks!!! Marty

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.