Ice update for McGregor Area?

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Anyone have a ice update for McGregor. Will most likely be hitting Round, Big Sandy, or Minnewawa this weekend. Thanks for any information in advance.

Any updates (Depth or Bait) on Eyes or Crappies???

xrayman
    iowa

hopefully keith will speak up I know he’s been doing good on big sandy, we’re coming up wed/thursday next week. Rob you coming up for the tourney on minne?

palisade1kid

Just give me a shout when you come up.
    218-845-8801
    I’ll be on Bill Horn this weekend with a fella from Owatanna.
    My boss leaves me a messeage yesterday.So I return it & come to find out he’s fishing on the upper main BSL.
    He say’s I’m marking fish what do I do?
    I said come & get me.LOL

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Keith And Xray.

Keith, how thick is the ice…Generally speaking? I think I will be hitting our lake Xray. I will not be up for the tourney. I plan on fishing the whole day Saturday. Starting off on the Nortern arm in front of the place with docks on both sides of the point. Then perhaps the main basin out in front of the Bars by days end????? Shoot me a PM Monday, I will let you in on how I do.

palisade1kid

There should be close to 14″ of ice.

I can not say for Minnewawa ,but BSL had 12 on sunday& with the 6 below this morning & it will be again tonight there should be driveable ice. The narrows on Minnewawa took so long to freeze up I’d stay off of that area with a big truck.

Other than that all should be good to go.

I’ve been getting crappies in 21-24,if I go to the other side on the main upper I’ll get in 30-32 maybe up to 28 feet.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Keith!

palisade1kid

I have a young fellow comming up from Owatanna this weekend.I should be on N. Bill Horn unless Wayne Alden & Tjosvold drag us over to the other side to fish in the big perminent house.I promise Wayne that I’d teach him how to lift slabs.
    I am trying to be his guide over at Mn. National(Savanna Golf)Coarse.
    his good buddy,my boss has been telling him i got thid lake down to a science. He’s too funny!
    It is nice he’s blowing my horn though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.