Ice on Mcgregor area lakes

• xrayman
    iowa

Do you guys think there will be fishable ice on Minnewawa by thanksgiving? I’m going to be up there. Thanks Matt

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

If I knew that I would be buying a powerball ticket.. Lets hope for ice. Alot of lakes freeze early in the area.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Walkout ONLY– maybe,
    Next week. all 40’s and 50’s for highs.
    what very little ice forms at night, will have no chance to stay during the day. even next week lows will be mild..
    Jack..

xrayman
    iowa

well keep my fingures crossed. My parents live on Minnewawa and I was hoping for some early ice action which is the best right in front of their house. Time to do the ice dance!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I have been able to fish every Thanksgiving up On Minnewawa for about 10 years. The last 2 years I have not been up though. The bay by the old Public Landing by Banns on Minnewawa has always had good ice. 6-8″ was the norm at the first drop. With these colder water temps I’m guessing you will be out there.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

XRAY where is your parents pad??? We are right across form the boat ramp I described.

xrayman
    iowa

on the west side on the channel that heads to the south bay that the sportsmans club is on, second to last place on the south point. Stop and have a cold one with the old man lol.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I think you had told me that last year.

I have to make it up there for early ice this year

xrayman
    iowa

cool let me know

xrayman
    iowa

Well sounds like no ice, you guys let me know asap when there’s fishable ICE!!!!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No ICE?????

Looks like Plan B

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I’ll keep ya posted on the ice in that area as I’m starting a cabin Monday on Wilkins Lake right across from Fleming Lake…..

we need a weather change soon!! Need some cold!!!

xrayman
    iowa

cool thanks bobber, we need some cold down south too. i’m ready for some ice

xrayman
    iowa

heard it’s getting pretty darn cold up there any ice reports?

palisade1kid

There’s a good 8″-10″ on both Minniewawa & Big Sandy.I’ve been on Bill Horn Bay for 3 weekends already.
    the narrows on both lakes are mighty thin.

xrayman
    iowa

nice crappie Keith, did you hear about the house on Minnewawa that went through? My mom was telling me about it and she didn’t know if they got it out. Well have to get together for a cold one when we come up in a couple weeks.

palisade1kid

yup,I work with a guy who used to own sheshebee resort & Tony was telling me about him.He drove a freakin vehicle out to tow it when he set it. Tony said he wondered if he came back to see it was half through.
    We chuckled at the dudes misfortune.
    That is how the name idiot evolved I think.
    Why in the world ,as warm as it’s been would you pull a house out & go back to the cities with the weather we’ve had.
    Some guy’s just have the best of luck or breeding!!!

palisade1kid

I’ve got a bunch of those crappies already ,not just 1.BSL puts out some mules for sure.Go to my slab,slab,slab post to see some more .
    I’ll be out there this weekend & next both sat&sunday and monday.

xrayman
    iowa

thanks for the update Keith, I’ll have to tell mom that. Do you live on minnewawa? My parents live over on the west side

cbrune

I’ve got a place on Minnewawa going to be up next week middle of the week. Those pictures are from Big Sandy right? You guys had any luck on Minnewawa? What part of the lake did the house go thru? I have a double clam maybe see you guys out there.
    Chad

palisade1kid

I’m over in Palisade,but I fish Big Sandy. Bill horn Bay ,up on the north end by the point you see in my sign.pic.

You guys can have minniewawa.Being most of the crappie places are so shallow ,the traffic really spooks them& withthe water being so low i’ll stay on BSL,good luck & if you need a few small 80th oz hair jigs come on over.

I got my name from fishing out in the open on Minniewawa using the hair jig.

When noone else is getting fish ,I still do.Here are a few more…

It’s all about downsizing!!!

cbrune

I am going up Sunday AM I am bringing the digital camera I will shoot you some pictures. The hairjig is great. Do you go after any eye’s? Was up last week and did well you are correct you have to get away from people and it can be a real difficult lake if you do not know it.

Chad

palisade1kid

Great,I’ll wait to see. Give me a call 218-845-8801

Oh hey look at these couple 14’s

and again..

and again…

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Chad you going to be up there this coming weekend????? Trying to get my brother to get our up there!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.