need directions to farm island

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey guys, I am taking someone fishing that wants to fish farm island. seeing how I haven’t been up there since I graduated high school from aitkin, I can’t remember where it is or how to get there. any help would be greatly appreciated. also if you know of any good spots for eyes or panfish would also be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

shane

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

right off 169 if going north turn right after the Naughty Pine Bar Cty RD 14 I think 2 mile to public access

shayla

Quote:

right off 169 if going north turn right after the Naughty Pine Bar Cty RD 14 I think 2 mile to public access

Going North, he would want to turn LEFT, not right, on Cty. Rd. 14.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

right meaning just after bar

shayla

Ooops, think you meant turn “right after” as in immediately after, not actually turn RIGHT. Sorry about that.

pperovich
    Ramsey MN

When you get to Bennitville

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

lol he should be able to find it

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well concidering the last time I had anything to do with anything north of the pond, well I was still under the age and still had to listen to mom and step dad.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

is the public access off of 11 as well or is it of 76?

thanks for all of the help guys, I sure will let you know how we fair out.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey thanks for all of the help, I have a map and have been looking it over, alot of shallow humps in the middle of the lake, might be able to find something there. anyway, if any of you are up on the lake that day, look for a new tracker boat, single console, pull up and say hello!

talk to you later and let you know how we did.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well everyone, the moment of truth is not to far away. I am going to hit Farm Island in the morning and mid day and maybe head over to rabbit for a bit. I am heading to westerlunds for some lunch. so if anyone is out and about, look for a charcole chevy truck with a tracker v-17 with an IDA sticker on the windshield. stop in and say hello or just give a wave on the lake.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I got the day of fishing in. we launched out at Farm around 9. we just a ways off of the launch and dropped some deep diver cranks out the side of the boat but hung up on weeds so we switched to floaters. I made about 8 passes from the landing to one of the islands. we only picked up a 2# pike. we also tried a few calm spots for crappies, but only got tater chip sunnies and really small perch. so we headed in with the big rolling waves, loaded the boat, had lunch at the Pine Inn and proceeded to Rabbit lake. we launched there and then headed to the end of the lake, picked up 3 small largemouth bass, no keeper fish at rabbit, but it was nice and calm. then we loaded back up and came home. thanks again guys for all of the info on the lake, just wish it wasn’t so rough out there, otherwise I would have stayed there longer to chase them eyes.

shane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.