Bay and Rice Lake Info

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I wil be heading up next weekend to bass fish Bay and Rice lake and wondering if anyone has any information on what’s going on those lakes?

Thanks
    Dan

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Someone as to have some info?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Ended up going up to Rice and Bay lake this weekend for a little club tourney.
    We fished Rice, (attached to the missippi close to Brainard) on Sat (6-2pm). I wish I could tell you that we got on the fish and establish a pattern but this is definatly not the case. Of the 12 fish that where weighted, they all came on different structure.
    I got my 3 on the outside of the rice, under a tree, and off a little flat. all came on a white senko fished weightless. Another guy got his on topwater early (all caught by 9) and then my brother got his on the outside of the rice and under a dock. The weeds on this lake are terrible, they are slimey and if present they completely engulf the area. I hope I never have to fish this lake again. the winning weight was 10.5 with four fish, I fished second with 8.5 with three, and my brother was third with 5.5.

Bay Lake (just north of Garrision) was a different story, where the day before we struggled to get any bass, here we struggled to get the big bites. The patterns that worked for our club was fishing weightless plastic on the inside and outside of the weedline durning the mid day and in the morning hours, throwing topwater and spinnerbaits. Once the sun started to come up, the topwater fishign died and the northerns came on a tear. The areas that I had the most success on was the outside weedline where they was deep water very close by. I through the gammet at the fish but in the end I only got one good fish of 3.5, the other around the 1.75-2.2 pounds.
    winning weight was 11.5, second (me) at 10.8, and third at 8. No one in our club was able to get on the big bite, I think we where all just happy to servive the heat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.