Round Lake – Near Minnewawa

• jimmys

A few of us fished Round Lake, near Minnewawa, on Feb 17-19. Yes, this was our cold spell for the year. I think we hit -18 reg temps. In the three days, we caught many crappies 8-11 in. The bite was very light. You needed to use a spring bobber or very loose rattle reel. Demon jigs and plain hooks worked the best. We got about ¾ bucket full in the 3 days between 4 guys. It was good to see you could still catch em in that bitter cold.

Jimmys from Stillwater. Check out the St. Croix forums.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the report Jimmy’s. Glad your group found some nice crappies on Round in the bitter cold. There are some great panfish lakes in that area. What depths did you find the crappies on that clear lake? I’m heading to Minnewawa this weekened hopefully . I will let you know how I do.

xrayman
    iowa

On minnewawa right now. The fishing is pretty slow, caught one sunny and my son (7) pulled in a nice 3 lb northern. Been fishing off Pleasant point. Fish should be turning around this week. weather is goint to stay constant. I’m heading home Tuesday so it’ll get better after that.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

XRAYMAN, never heard of Pleasant Point . Any description? How deep you guys fishing?

Secondly, Welcome aboard to IDA . My family has a cabin on the lake over by Banns across the street from the older public access. Feel free to post reports, ask questions, or chime in with information whenever you feel like it. This is a great place and I know a few guys on here have places up there or Big Sandy. Thanks for the update! .

xrayman
    iowa

It’s in the bay that has the narrows to horse shoe there’s alot of houses out there. Lions shack is out there big orange one. You have any ideas on where to catch any? My parents live on the west side of the lake on the channel that leads into the shallow bay on the south with the SPortsmans club on it. Was thinkin about hitting the channel out front here and trying for some northerns.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I think I know the point you are talking about. Is it on the North side of the bay up there? I have not been up there since December. What speices are you looking for?

jimmys

No Problem…..We were in 20′ and the fish were anywhere from 6′-10′ off the bottom. 6:30-9:30pm was our most productive strech. They must have been deeper during the day.

xrayman
    iowa

Rob let me know how you did we might come back up in a couple of weeks

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Will do

xrayman
    iowa

goto bans and sporty’s and have a few for me

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m not 100% I’ll be up there. I have in-laws coming to town and it will depend on their scehdule, then I have a niece’s 2nd B-Day party. So I will have to wait and see. Maybe Sunday for the day?

xrayman
    iowa

I’m lookin @ comin up in a couple weeks. We might have to get together sometime.

xrayman
    iowa

any ice left up there

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.