Minnewawa bass report

• Esoxdude
    Minneapolis, Mn

Got up there this weekend and did pretty good considering it was like jet ski central. Me and a buddy got 8 bass altogether in 5 hours and lost maybe 3-4 others. We got 4 bass under docks using 6” unweighted yum worms, I got 3 of them hehe, and the rest we got slow rolling spinnerbaits in open water middled between 2 reed beds. All fish were keeper size but only one being about 3lbs. We did our fishing in and around the northern section of the main lake. We didn’t even attempt walleyes because our spots were being run over by pleasure boaters and jet skiers

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Did you try over by the 101 steps????? Thankns for the report! I haven’t been up there since the 4th!

Esoxdude
    Minneapolis, Mn

Honestly, I don’t know where the 101 steps are. Well, I’m sure I’d know the spot if I see it. Maybe you could try to explain it’s location on the lake for me, I would be grateful

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

On the North Eastern Arm. Along the SE shore of the bay that forms the point (Sheshebe???). Look for a steep bank with “The 101 Steps” that lead from the lake to a cabin. Work the docks along the East Side of the bay to the 101 steps. I use the same baits. A plastic worm slow and then the other guy runs a spinner bait pitching to the docks

You can catch a couple small Bass

Esoxdude
    Minneapolis, Mn

Ok I’m pretty sure I know where you’re talking about now. Next time I am up I will check the spot I am thinking of and than I’ll know forsure. You gotta get up there soon, take advantage of grouse hunting opener and get the lake to yourself! Saw 2 7 pounders {eye’s} on the willey’s board, the bite is on

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

In the past I have struggled to find late Summer/ Fall Eyes. ANy suggestions Feel free to PM me if you wish!

Esoxdude
    Minneapolis, Mn

Yea, I know what you mean! This time of year is searching time, i.e lot’s of trolling. I like to troll a bit deeper than usual and with bigger baits. I will usually start out at those main lake points and work my way towards the channel in front of “Warners point”. If that doesn’t pay out I will drift the deepest end of those main points with a 1/8oz jig and usually I will snag some eyes or good northerns{8-10lb}. And if that still doesn’t pan out I will try unusual spots like those shoreline flats trolling with a shallow shad rap. You just have to throw the whole book at em’. If none of these spots or techniques work they could very well be in those channels past warners point in the direction of horseshoe, which are spots I rarely fish. I should be back up there soon and I’ll let ya’ know what worked and what didn’t. Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.