Any Reports from McGregor?

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Anybody catching fish up here? Heading there over the 4th!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Actually the fishing has picked up a little not so much in numbers which have been decent all year but the size has gotten a little better.

According to recent creel surveys 90 percent of BS Walleyes are under 14″. My estimation would be closer to 95 percent under 13″, until this last weekend out of about roughly 200 hundred Walleyes caught between my family and friends since opener maybe 10 or 15 have been over 14″ with the biggest being 18 1/2 and the majority 9 to 12″.

Last weekend was a little better we picked up a bunch smaller one’s along with 2 19’s and the first 20″ plus that I have seen this year a 21 1/2 incher all fish were released.

BS like any lake goes through cycles and right now we are a little down on size not that we get real big walleyes on BS 24″ on up Walleye are pretty rare on BS but we normally would see a few more in the 16″ to 22″ class.

BS is the only lake I do not use GPS on I just don’t need it there the bigger fish we caught were on the Big lake or by or close too battle Island, the horse shoe was also producing some nice fish. The rivers were still producing also.

It should be hectic boat traffic weekend so be carefull, I normally don’t fish to much on that weekend but if I do I’ll be on a Premier Pontoon with a Honda or Merc on the back, we may head up to Aitken lake it’s been pretty slow up there and it has to pick up IMO, I like Aitken for the varity of panfish,bass and Walleye.

Good Luck…

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Your screen name, just might have came clear to me now

Thanks for the info. Will probably be up Saturday, not sure if we will be on Minnewawa or Sandy yet? I wish I could get up there mid week and try the dam on the North side. With high water, this can be a great spot . What depth have you been pulling fish out of? Great report and thanks for the info PierBridge!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

I wish I could get up there mid week and try the dam on the North side. With high water, this can be a great spot .

Some of the best fishing on the Lake…..

Oh sorry, my 2 honey holes have still been producing on the top of the Structure/flat in 8 FOW both spots have deeper water drop off’s 16′-22′, we are marking hooks in these deeper water area’s but they Eye’s are not cooperating so we have stayed shallower, I would have expected the deeper water to have picked up by now and maybe it has just not for us, YET.

Leaches Big one’s have been the ticket of late.

My brothers friend CPR’d a 26 1/2″ on Sunday along with a couple 16″s and numerous 9″-11″ fish.

Did I say Big Leaches….

Good Luck and thanks for all your help and knowledge on these forums.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks PB! Maybe I’ll see you up there on the Pontoon. I will be on the water with my Crestliner Black/Tan and 2 Mercurys on the back! If you see me give me a wave or come on over and say Hi. We might even be hanging out in front of the Pier listening to music if they do that again this year? Do you know what day that is going to be on? Sunday?? Thanks again.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Do you know what day that is going to be on? Sunday?? Thanks again.

Saturday is the big outdoor band party at the Pier “6 bands”
    and I beleive Floe Island will have their light show fireworks Saturday night and I’m guesing Minnewawa’s Fireworks Sunday.

Have a great 4th…

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thats where we will be!

Thanks PB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.