Flu Flu and Shrimpo

• d.a.
    Rochester, MN

Just curious if you guys have had any luck with flu flu jigs or shrimpos for crappies, and if so, what colors?

Thanks,
    D.A.

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Blue shrimpo ! —If ya can find em!

superdave
    NE IA

Pink shrimpo’s can be dynamite as well! I’ve used the flu-flu’s a little, but I’m not sold on ’em.

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

Do you guys use them as a straight up jig or more as a skip bobber set up? The only reason I ask is that my neighbor at the lake was absolutely destroying the crappies in early June with flu flus and slip bobber off his dock. I was using basic crappie minnows and couldn’t do a thing.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

White and yellow Flu Flu 1/32 and 1/64 tiped with a wax worm or small minnow under a bobber slowly brought in with a slight jerk every 5 cranks. There a lot of people who make a jig just like it. Flu Flu is just the name every one calls that type of jig.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

What Bigcrappie said. With or without the minnow, depending how aggressive the fish are. White with pink head.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

White With Pink! Sometimes with a grub, sometimes with a crappie minnow. Sometimes I leave them still, sometimes a slow jerky retrieve!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.