ICE REPORTS?????

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Any ice conditions / reports in the area up here. In particular Big Sandy or Minnewawa? Ice off yet? Any readings on Water Temps? thanks for the info in advance!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Most of the smaller lakes are open in this area. I know that Cedar Lake just west of Aitkin opened up early this week.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Bobber. I was planning on going up to the McGregor area next week, hoping the crappies are starting to move shallow. Just wanted to make sure the ice was gone for at least a week or 2.

Melon

From what I here, Minnewawa is out and Sandy should be out by now too. I’m heading up this weekend, I’ll report back on Monday.

Melon

Well the weather was beautiful on Sat and Sun. Too bad my boat wouldn’t cooperate. Started first time, no problem. At least we got on the lake and were able to enjoy some of the day. The lake was like glass heading to our first spot. We couldn’t ask for better conditions. Stop to drop a line, we didn’t see any action so decided to move. Boat wouldn’t start!!! Drained the battery and then pull started it with two rips!!! What the heck, fished a little more, let the motor run to charge the battery. Touled around the lake a little just taking in the sun and watching all the ducks cruise around. All in all not too bad of a day.

Watch out for the ticks this year… keep your dogs well treated and protect yourself as well. I brought one home with me yesterday and I’ll tell you it wasn’t fun. I ended up getting a stitch in my belly because it was stubourn little bugger. It was a “deer tick” indeed.

Hope everyone else was able to enjoy the nice weather this weekend. Did anyone else get out and try for some crappies? How’d you do?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Melon,

Thanks for the report. I hope to hit Minnewawa this weekend or the next. I will let you know how I do. Did you get a temp. reading on the lake?

Sorry to hear of your adventure. I too found a tick on my Dog this week. Time to make sure you protect your loved ones!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.