Big Sandy Report

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Finally figured out were everyone went too! Nice site!
    I have a seasonal camper up on Sandy and have only missed one weekend since May 1st. If anyone needs a report let me know. Any hoot thought I would leave you guys with a report from last weekend. Fishing was slow for myself with only land one at 17″ and maybe 5-6 more under 12″. Due to the weather changes I thought I did all right. I have also heard a few excellent reports on Atkin lake!

Untill this weekend………

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the report and welcome to IDA.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Sand Burr

Don’t know where ya’ been but it’s good to see you here. Derek Johnston does a lot of winter fishing up near you and keeps us in ice reports during the winter. Thanks for the open water info. You do any night trolling up there for walleyes? A couple – 4 more weeks and we’ll be in the thick of things with that bite. I spend nearly all my night time fishing on Mille Lacs but have 2 buddies that fish some of the smaller waters near you and do real well.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

I remember Derek’s name coming up quite a bit on the dark side until it just faded away.

I will start bear hunting in the area in sept. but hope to be done early to get a shot on that fall bite.

Man do those Crappies heat up in the fall!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you do shoot a bear this season do send us a photo for posting here on the website in the bear hunting forum. We just started that area and would like to get ‘er rolling. Send photos to, of bear or otherwise >> [email protected] Best of luck.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

There will be three of us hunting so I hope we can average one~ I will post the pics as it happens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.