Little Lake, Aitkin County.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Here are a few pictures from fishing Little Lake in Aitkin county over the weekend. This is a nice little lake tucked back in the woods behind my grandma’s place. The family has a few row boats stashed on the shoreline for use. Someone had drug down a old 16′ deep and wide this year that we used to rent from Fisher’s resort on Mille Lacs 30 years ago. It was fun sitting in that boat again and thinking back to the day of putting around on mille lacs with a 9.9 strapped to the back end of it.

We only got to fish for about a hour but did land three pike. The nicer one came home with us for dinner. For tackle we had to grab a couple of old poles out of my dads garage and just a couple of spoons. You can see one nice old black and white spoon hanging out of this pikes mouth. Slow rolling these spoons over some deep weeds was the ticket to getting the pike to bite.

It was very nice to be back on this quiet little lake again. Have not fished down there most likely in a number of years. We will be deer hunting on the edge of it in a few weeks and with any luck getting in another quick trip on the water.

The first photo is walking down the trail to the lake. The next two pretty much cover the entire lake. The next one is a nice eating sized pike and the last is the new rod my dad bought this year at the state fair. Went on and on about how well it cast and then to top it if tells me he landed a 13# northern on Little Lake a couple of weeks ago with it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Have only tried ice fishing down there once and that was many years ago. I hear rumors from some of the locals that they take the long hike in and catch crappies in the winter. I still think they are talking about another little pot hole lake to the west of this one that is about a 1/4 of the size.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.