AIS Affirmation

• gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I just bought my non-resident Minnesota Family Fishing License on-line. The system required that I check the boxes regarding AIS and it stated that I was required to keep a copy of this affirmation for display if requested but it didn’t give me anything to print out. Do I need a separate AIS Affirmation card/license to fish in Minnesota?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Print this: I officially affirm you know what ais stands for.

You will have more than any of us have! jester

Ryan P
    Farmington

I thought you got that when you renew your boat registration?

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I have 2018 tags on my boat and I am almost 100% certain I did not get that part…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This started late last summer Doug. I received mine when I bought the Solera.

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

I renewed my boat registration a couple months ago and it came with the stickers that go on the boat. You are supposed to read it and then sign it and keep it with your copy of the boat registration that comes with the stickers.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS this is the answer to the much celebrated AIS stickers of a few years ago. Welcome to MN where not being in favor of the AIS laws means you don’t care about our Lakes and Rivers.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Well, I still have the AIS sticker on my console, so I am covered, right? RIGHT?!

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I am still trying to find something I can print and sign. The on-line license purchase had me check the boxes to affirm that I was aware of the rules but didn’t give me anything to print. One of the boxes I checked said that I would carry a copy with me. Perhaps I will type up my own and sign it. A little frustrating…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Well, I still have the AIS sticker on my console, so I am covered, right? RIGHT?!

Mine is inside my glovebox. Looks so official I cant imagine it not working even after all these years.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You could call the Mn DNR with this concern/question.

(888) MINNDNR

Just an FYI – Had a license check this year and the CO did not ask to see the AIS tag. My feeling on this is they would use this sign off at the time they are writing you a ticket for having some crap on your boat trailer. Just to eliminate any “I didn’t know…..” issues. Plus this was a compromise law just passed by the legislature to avoid having us pass an on-line class to get a license. Welcome to Minnesota, the land to 10,000 un-needed laws and dumb azz politicians.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Jon, you obviously don’t care about our waterways in our great State.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

PS this is the answer to the much celebrated AIS stickers of a few years ago

I still have mine….never used….
    Think I get anything for it on E-Bay?? grin

Jonesy

Odd I just bought my annual out of state license and was never given anything regarding AIS

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I just put new stickers on the boat, didn’t have any thing like this either. News to me…

SR

Dave maze
    Isanti

I just renewed my canoe registration, the ais affirmation was included. I had to sign it and I was told to keep it on the boat along with the registration. This is the new reality. ????

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I copied the AIS Affirmation statements and printed them on the back of my license and signed it. Hopefully that will be good enough.

I did encounter a DNR AIS checkpoint south of Baudette yesterday. They pulled us off the road. They checked the live wells and anchor. Had a dog sniff around the boat and trailer. We were the 3rd boat at the time. They had plenty of staff to check the 3 at once. Apparently they didn’t find anything. The whole process took about 5 minutes. They never asked to see my AIS Affirmation card.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I really don’t know why they would ask for the card.

If we have a new fishing license we were given one. I guess if you don’t have it with you or it’s not signed…that might be a problem in they eyes of the (new) law.

But really…. coffee

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I really don’t know why they would ask for the card.

If we have a new fishing license we were given one.

I have a new fishing license and I was never given one…

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Ive been checked twice so far this year, although once was wi dnr on the Croix, both didn’t ask about it.

Charles

Ehh I just got the registration I haven’t actually look to see what was in my paperwork, going to have to look at this weekend.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

got one with each boat when getting the stickers. signed it and put in the boat in case ever asked. old boat peeled and stuck it on the transom, newer boat taped it to the inside of the rod locker

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I found it….part of the ‘Watercraft Registration’ stuff.

Does this mean I can smell Zeebs on my trailer now?

SR

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Only if you have a yellow flashing light Steve.

Joe, that would be another reason not to ask people about it. Not every angler will have one this year and not every boat owner would have one for three years.

It’s just a feel good law anyway. coffee

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.