Airmar TM185C HW on WX2200

• Northcoast

Curious if anyone has any experience with the Airmar TM185C HW transducer on the back of WX2200?

It’s a large transducer, curious if anyone has actually mounted one, did it fit and if so how has it performed? I primarily jig and troll on Lake Superior in 50-600 fow. In deeper water, I am generally fishing the top 120 feet of the water column. I am currently running two Solix graphs on the console.

Currently have a side scan, high speed 2d, fish hawk and a cannon optimum transducer on the back so would likely need to move a few things around.

Would appreciate any thoughts or feedback, thanks.

Northcoast

Update on my earlier post – Just picked up the boat from winter storage. The folks at Warner’s Dock installed the airmar transducer (as well as an itroll). It took some planning as it’s a large transducer. They have been great to work with / buy from. Plan to get it on superior this weekend.

Attachments:
    1. 77BBF293-AE2C-4B4F-81EC-B82F13E92A61.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thats a bunch of stuff down there. smile

Northcoast

Yeah, I am excited to try the new 2d. On my previous boat I had a gen 1 solix which came with 83/200 transducer, had much better deep water coverage. With the g2 solix and high wide hb transducer on this boat I was losing bottom in 100-200 fow. As a temporary fix, I had a high speed 2d hb transducer installed. I was able to read bottom in 750 fow but fish and structure definition was poor, even in the upper portion of the water column / relatively shallow water. Based on my discussions with airmar, the tm185 should solve this issue. I debated between their hw and medium frequencies but they ultimately recommended the hw for my application.

As per the fish hawk transducer, it’s certainly a nice to have but not a must as far as I am concerned.

The cannon downrigger transducer allows you to bottom track and cycle depths which can be nice, but those features can make line Managment a challenge at times.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.