Afternoon Grouse

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Chased grouse this afternoon. Managed a handful of flushes plus some Timber Doodles. Did my usual snap shot fumbling with the safety, dancing with the alders, etc. managed one grouse for my efforts. I only got flushes in historic hotspots so there doesn’t appear to be large numbers in my little slice of woods.

Attachments:
    1. image33.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great picture.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Very nice! And a great day for hunting! :thumbsup:

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Fantastic photo. I love shots like that.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve had OK luck Grouse hunting this season. I have done better in norther Wi than usual. I just got 2 there yesterday morning. My first trip to north central MN was disappointing with 3 birds between two guys. Heading back up early Fri for another crack at that nut this weekend. I started seeing woodcock in Wi flushing several in short order yesterday but I dont shoot them. I started taking my youngest dog Grouse hunting but we have not run into enough birds for her to get the hang of it. She’s just starting to understand what they are. Even though I discourage her from chasing Woodcock she is self teaching herself to recognize those. She pointed one yesterday and flushed several others.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.