After Years of Reminding People. RE: Boat Registration

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

After years of reminding folks to check their boat registration tags…I came off the water only to realize mine were expired.
    Now I did this once before a few years back but I reached into the glove box and attached them.

This year, I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t even order them!

Bought them on line 5 days ago and they still haven’t arrived. Yeah, I have the credit card receipt but nothing else. The MN CO said they are working on speeding up the process to have them mailed out….but alas, it’s my fault for not ordering them in December like I normally do. (I don’t recall getting the card in the mail).

Sooo….Don’t be like BK, check your stickers! LOL!

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

I renewed a kayak online yesterday, I got a receipt at the end with a Temporary Authorization Number on it to use until I get the stickers in the mail. I saved it as a pdf on my phone in case there is an issue.
    Did you get one of those, or is that something new they just added?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ve been down this road before!!!!!!! whistling whistling doah getting them in dec or early jan then it gets put off to the side and buried……….UGH. Then realized it when I was 4 counties away. had my wife take a picture of it and text it to me. luckily I didn’t have to explain anything to the CO!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

The first time you thought about it this year, your brain went to helping others remember…But you didn’t take care of yourself ..
    That’s the kinda guy you are Brian.
    waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Did you get one of those, or is that something new they just added?

Ben, it was the first time I ordered them on line using my phone. It was there but I couldn’t seem to save it. Should of just taken a screen shot.

FBRM, That’s was very nice of you to say.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

BK, with what you’ve been thru recently, you get a pass in my book.

Stay safe my friend, HRG

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Glad the water patrol didn’t have to make that decision waytogo !

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

The Police must not check vehicle registration as my sister in law lived in Minnesota for a few years and still had expired Wisconsin plates

fishingchallenged

Couple years ago it was after the 4th of July that I found them sitting in a pile on my desk. They arrived in January when the boat was stored. By the time I got the boat out I didn’t even think about it because I had done it “last year”. Used it for months before I realized that I hadn’t put them on. 🙄

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Mn pd are usually pretty good at spotting expired registration.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Mn pd are usually pretty good at spotting expired registration.

with the total mess and BS with that last year how could they issue tickets.

Musky Ed

A couple of years back, when putting new tags on the boat trailer, I noticed that my wifes car was out of date over a year and a half. We had driven that car to our Texas house, at least twice during that year and a half. Amazed we weren’t stopped. Went online to get new tags, and there was a late penalty. Fortunately we are not heavy drinkers, could have really went bad if we were stopped at the wrong time. Last year, forgot to put the boat registration stickers on my new boat, we got checked while out trolling on Lake Michigan, they were really good about it, and just said to make sure I had them on next time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.