Aaron – Uncut Angling fall thru ice…loses everything and almost his life

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m also not buying that he is all about fishing vs money / sponsorship. It hasn’t taken him long to work up to a Warrior. But good on him, he works hard and deserves to be rewarded. I just don’t quite agree with this video.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

All this keep the kids safe talk…

Dutch… I think this is a common phrase of yours…
    If you don’t like it, don’t click it.

I don’t care what age you are, if you don’t have a plan to fall though, your ignorance has you in bliss.

CaptainMusky

He could have very easily not shared this video and spare himself the embarrassment of his mistake. IMO this should serve as an eye-opener to others because even guys that make a living off fishing make ill advised mistakes that could prove costly or deadly. Personally I would never do what he did, but that’s me. Heck, I only first ride an ATV on the ice when many others are driving vehicles. I fell through the ice pheasant hunting once and never hit bottom. Thankfully I fell backwards onto cattails and thicker ice so I was able to get out quickly, but it was -15 and windy and my pants were stiff as a board in seconds. Since then I am a chickensh#t.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

He could have very easily not shared this video and spare himself the embarrassment of his mistake. IMO this should serve as an eye-opener to others because even guys that make a living off fishing make ill advised mistakes that could prove costly or deadly. Personally I would never do what he did, but that’s me. Heck, I only first ride an ATV on the ice when many others are driving vehicles. I fell through the ice pheasant hunting once and never hit bottom. Thankfully I fell backwards onto cattails and thicker ice so I was able to get out quickly, but it was -15 and windy and my pants were stiff as a board in seconds. Since then I am a chickensh#t.

Pheasant hunting at -15°??
    I chickensh** you are not sir. applause bow

I also give him credit for showing us his embarrassing experience. Was it smart? Probably not, but he was as prepared for it as anybody could be. Im glad he’s ok. Like most guys I always enjoy his videos. It’s Amazing what technology can do on the water now days. The fish don’t stand a chance.

Fishbonker

Perhaps this video is an allegory for his recent troubles.

He had life issues; he fell through a hole in his life (ice) his life was in danger (depressed) through his troubles he lost all the stuff that was important to him, but through hard work, a determination to find his stuff (get better) he has been able to salvage life from near tragedy.

Along these lines, think about what the “live scope” could represent.

From the day I started watching his videos his personality has intrigued me. I would not be surprised if this video was made as a metaphor for his life.

I’ve never been accused of being smart but I have been told I over think things.

mojogunter

I just flashed back to junior high English class with the discussion about symbolism after reading this. grin

He had life issues; he fell through a hole in his life (ice) his life was in danger (depressed) through his troubles he lost all the stuff that was important to him, but through hard work, a determination to find his stuff (get better) he has been able to salvage life from near tragedy.

From the day I started watching his videos his personality has intrigued me. I would not be surprised if this video was made as a metaphor for his life.

I’ve never been accused of being smart but I have been told I over think things.

3Rivers

Whether it was or wasn’t It’s a great thought!

Attachments:
    1. download.jpg

munchy
    NULL

I know nothing about go-pro cameras. If he had any footage he should have all footage from the morning wouldn’t he? I would think that he would have shown the footage of going through the ice if it was a public service video more so than a infomercial. I hate that I think this way, but it seemed staged to me. It was a good infomercial though for Garmin.

Only if he pressed record. And this was only part 1, second part is yet to come where he may show it, that is if he was recording.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just got a email for how lucky Aaron is to have live scope and save all his gear 6 days later. Target walleye emailed me this.

I assume this is a awesome garmin promotion. And very slick at thatt

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t care what age you are, if you don’t have a plan to fall though, your ignorance has you in bliss.

So you’re thinkin’ I’m pro kid & anti guide?

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I watched and seen nothing wrong with the video , i believe he said it was not smart of himself to do what he did ! If anything by posting that vid did more positive than anything to remind people of what not to do .

munchy
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20201118-173558_Chrome.jpg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FishBlood&RiverMud wrote:</div>

Pro controversy
    Pro helicopter parent

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I watched and seen nothing wrong with the video , i believe he said it was not smart of himself to do what he did ! If anything by posting that vid did more positive than anything to remind people of what not to do .

Yeah, I didn’t see an outright violation either. Of course in hindsight after falling through, his actions seem worse.

Heading out, he was spudding (axing) his way to what he believed solid ice. He did legitimately have concern for the shore ice but perhaps figured it shallow enough he could slosh through it upon his return.

Again, obviously worse in the end than the beginning.

Whether any of the electronic devices are toast or not, he did at least recover his rods and sled.

Oh, and his hat. smirk

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Pro controversy
    Pro helicopter parent

I didn’t start the thread. Only had a opinion on it, kinda like you.

But it’s great to know your opinion has more value then anybody else’s, well at least mine anyway.

shady5

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Pro controversy
    Pro helicopter parent

I didn’t start the thread. Only had a opinion on it, kinda like you.

But it’s great to know your opinion has more value then anybody else’s, well at least mine anyway.

On various occasions you have challenged the dominance of Hermantown hockey, so your opinions are definitely questionable.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Glad he got out. It doesn’t take much carelessness or momentary lapse in attention to get into trouble.

On a side note. I’ve been working on simplifying my life over the last few years and getting away from all the gadgets and technology. Watching this video was all but jaw dropping for me. Holy crap for gadgets and crap this guy has.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hey Wade, good to see you around again. applause

munchy
    NULL

Just posted the new video

Ripjiggen

Good video. Good on him for putting it out.

Charles

Seams like something is off in the video, is his wife with them anymore?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The way he understands that stuff and makes it work is pretty amazing to me.

munchy
    NULL

From my understanding and looking at their social media it doesn’t look like it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I really like that Aaron is to the point where he’s just saying eff it, I’m going to be the crazy don’t give a crap guy that I am in real life, in my videos. Pretty funny IMO. Who starts a video in their shower??? rotflol

That cell phone retrieval is bested only by @pjvick and a rippin rap in 100 fow on Lake Superior a couple seasons ago while fishing for lakers through the ice!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Maybe him in the shower at the beginning was him…..”Coming clean”….. 🤷‍♂️

He’ll never be confused with another fishing personality!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I assume in his last video when he went through the ice, saying he was going through personal issues and feeling down. Was probably a referral to why she isn’t in his videos any more.

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

I assume in his last video when he went through the ice, saying he was going through personal issues and feeling down. Was probably a referral to why she isn’t in his videos any more.

Sucks for the aaron, always hard going through that in life. I am kind of surprise he didn’t have jay go scuba diving to get the gear.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>

well that explains it! it sure seemed like with her, he was all about a new lifestyle of duckies and bunnies, but here he is ripping out crappies throats with a rusty skrewdriver! that pretty much was a shot across the bow hoping his ex watches the video. Aaron is the OG youtuber and a fantastic entertainer/fisherman. i am looking forward to more vids now that he put the past in the past.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Is there actual video of him going thru?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.