A tragedy with a happy ending- Red Wing

• LabDaddy1

Scary. Glad he is alright.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

This brought tears to my eyes, thanks for sharing.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

This brought tears to my eyes, thanks for sharing.

Me too. Glad it worked out, can’t imagine going though all that.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Just goes to show how resilient kids are. Especially in drownings. They have a very good chance at surviving even after more than 30 minutes under water. It’s pretty incredible. Can’t imagine being the dad in that situation.

nord

Can’t wipe my tears of happiness away fast enough. What a happy ending. Going through this as a parent had to of been so hard. I bet the parents hold him in their arms every day and thank the man upstairs for this miracle.

MX1825

A tragic story with an incredible happy ending. Thanks for posting.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Here I posted this without any comments because I didn’t want to be the only one saying it brought a tear to my eyes. !

Onthewater

I was below the bridge planning on going up the no wake when the barge was there. The current was ripping and the barge putting out a wake that made me decide to use the back channel instead. By the time I was in the back channel no wake I could hear the horn going off, knowing someone was in trouble. It makes you think knowing if you hadn’t turned around you would have been in position to help. Hopefully the kid continues to improve every day.

Riverrat

Wow 10 minutes is a long time under water. Glad that the damage wasn’t permanent, hope it hasn’t scared him from getting back in a boat or in the water.

robby
    Quad Cities

God is good. Thank you for posting.

queenswake
    NULL

I feel for the tow pilot. Such a helpless feeling and there is nothing you can do about it. Just like a locomotive driver when they see someone or a car on the tracks. Awful.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.