A good friend of many passed yesterday. Steve from steves lucky bait.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Rest in peace Steve. You will be missed. He left on his bike and never returned home. He was a one of a kind guy and my good buddies uncle. We went up all the time to see him and fish the rainy river. Or lotw. He was so welcoming and easy to talk to guy. And I’m heart broke for his wife and family.

Timmy

WTH? I sincerely hope this isn’t true. So sad – thanks for the post.

Prayers to him, his wife, and all his loved ones/friends.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

WTH? I sincerely hope this isn’t true. So sad – thanks for the post.

Prayers to him, his wife, and all his loved ones/friends.

Yes its true. Or I’d never post it. I got the call last night. My son and i were just up there at his house not long ago. We always went up to fish and would end up with endless amounts of chores and loved helping him and his wife robbie out.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Oh I’m sorry to hear this, Bearcat. My condolences to you and also to Steve’s family.

Timmy

I will always remember ringing his doorbell in the dark and him stumbling to the door rubbing his eyes, half asleep…..

Me: “Sorry for waking you”
    Steve: “no problem, I was up waiting for you.”

He was one of the good ones. So sad.

Gitchi Gummi

RIP Steve. I got bait from him a few times and he seemed like a great guy.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

One of my favorite places to stop for bait. What a sad deal.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Rest in peace Steve.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

That just sucks to hear. Stopped there and talked to him a few times. Seemed like a great guy and condolences to those who knew him well. RIP Steve

B-man

That’s horrible to hear man. I know you were close with him. He was a great guy.

I wish you and his family the best through these hard times

Jason

I just stopped there on Tuesday and got some bait from him. He was busy working outside on his older pontoon that he was using to fetch bait.
    Super nice guy as always… RIP

Iowaboy1

Ron,sorry to hear of this !!
    I hope my last post about my ride didnt upset you in anyway!! gosh,I will feel like crap if it did,I apologize up one side and down another !!
    you have my number,I am just sitting here trying to enjoy the evening,give me a shout.

basseyes

Talked to him last fall and was always a good conversation whenever I got bait from him. RIP.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ron,sorry to hear of this !!
    I hope my last post about my ride didnt upset you in anyway!! gosh,I will feel like crap if it did,I apologize up one side and down another !!
    you have my number,I am just sitting here trying to enjoy the evening,give me a shout.

I havent been checking in often im not familiar with this post and I can guarantee it didn’t upset me bud. We spent almost 3 hrs on the phone the other night and it was fun to say the least. Awesome to touch base

jon amundson

Steve was one of my greatest friends. Baudette will never be the same. I feel truly blessed to have shared the time I had with this great man and his family. Steve was truly 1 in a “Million”. I’m gonna miss you Steve. One of the greatest men I’ve ever met and a true blessing to all that met him. Will never forget you buddy. Prayers and thoughts go out to all friends and family. Steve’s Lucky Bait puts fish on your plate!!

jon amundson

A go fund me has been set up for Steve million and his family. If you search under his name you can find it.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200603-164400.png

Billy J

Sorry for your lose. prayers send for his family. RIP

hnd

we loved stopping in and getting bait from Steve. Always took care of us, got us the info we needed and always had probably the best selection of jigs in baudette.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sorry to hear this Bearcat! Stopping at Steve’s was always a highlight of my trips up to LOW, always full of good info and great stories! He will be missed.

jon amundson

Just putting this here for friends of Steve Million, a true friend. I’ll never forget you and feel truly blessed to have shared time with you and your family. He truly was one in a “Million”. Steve’s Lucky bait puts fish on your plate!!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200712-205351.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just putting this here for friends of Steve Million, a true friend. I’ll never forget you and feel truly blessed to have shared time with you and your family. He truly was one in a “Million”. Steve’s Lucky bait puts fish on your plate!!

I will be up there bud. I hope to see you

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Sorry to hear that, Bearcat. I just started my love affair with LOTW this past winter and by my third time buying bait there he knew my name. Service that’s rare these days.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.