A Farewell of Sorts…

• Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

This Friday will mark my last day with In-Depth Outdoors. I’ve accepted a position with Primos Hunting as a Producer of their TV show, The Truth About Hunting. This means I’ll be trading my ice gear and boots for nearly year round flip flops, as I’m headed down to Jackson, Mississippi. Culture shock, hot as hell, banjos….you betcha!

I can’t say how grateful I am for everything James and IDO has done for me, and it was great to grow into this one of a kind online community. I’ll still be hanging around IDO’s forums but now, similar to Pug, as a southern transplant.

It looks like my species of choice are going to shift from the great walleye and muskie, to green fish and Reds. It will be kind of neat being close to all of these true trophy bass fisheries and learning a lot about fishing the gulf coast. If you know anything fishing wise down there, please let me know! Or if you somehow end up in that neck of woods, I’ll most likely have an open seat on the water. However, I’d wait a bit before tagging along, I’ve got to figure out which way is up, and then figure out what these reservoirs, and oceans are all about!

Again, I appreciate all the help you’ve provided, from fishing tips, submitting magazine articles, reports to showing me new bites…and of course daily entertainment, my time here won’t be forgotten.

Ben

FryDog62

Good luck Ben, enjoyed your underwater work especially. I spent a year living/fishing salt in Florida, there is a lot to learn but some exciting species to target. -Fry

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Ben Who? JK! Best to you bud! Keep posting on IDO under a modified screen name so we know you’re alive. Try switching the first letter of your first name with the first letter of your last name and that way, no one will know it is you…but we’ll know.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Dude! Good luck with your new ventures, and it was a pleasure working with you.

SR

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Your going to miss a frozen mustache! Good luck and your IDO shows have been a blast to watch!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Ben,

Congratulations on your new job! The work you did on the IDO shows will be missed. You have large boots to fill for sure.

Good Luck!

-J.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Onward and upward Ben!!

Was a pleasure to meet you at LOTW.

Best of luck!! toast

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Ben, you’ve made a great contribution to IDO and your photography / videography talents have been a wonderful addition.

Best of luck a’way down south in Dixie. As a parting gift, we have a special horn that you can install on your truck…

All the best.

Grouse

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Congrats Ben! I enjoyed our day together a year ago and really can’t think of a better person to step up in job stature. Best of luck in your new endeavor!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Good luck ! I will still be watching your produced shows… love The Truth waytogo

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Congrats to you Ben, and best of luck with your new endeavor look forward to seeing your new handy work! toast woot

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Do not for get to chase Crappies and Gills down there they get to epic sizes, Maybe you could invite James down and film a show. waytogo

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Good luck in your new endeavor. Before leaving, you should consult with BK about the snakes down there. You may want to reconsider your employment….or the need for hazard pay whistling

Hope to still see you here on the forum. You have a great gift in photography and I hope you continue to exercise your talent. wave

Now…the question is….who will James abuse next in the bitter cold? jester

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Good luck Ben. You will be missed.I don’t watch many hunting shows but I will now. Again best of luck and keep making great videos. Keep all us IDO guys informed on the southern stuff. applause

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Good luck Ben. Enjoyed your work. There’s probably several big bucks that are glad you’re leaving…

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I guarantee I’m going to be missing my frozen mustache in about 3 days when I get down there and get hit with a 100 degree humidity laden heat wave!

hamms
    Mn

No way could I do what you are going to do… I’ll take the cold and ability to walk on water! Good luck man. I enjoyed everything you did for IDO. toast Humidity…..ish!!! shock

Henpecked

Wishin’ y’all good luck down there. bow

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Good luck and congrats!!

You will have to share the first time it hits below 50 degrees down there and everyone is bundled for a blizzard while you walk about in shorts working on your tan, what you will lack in heat tolerance, they lack in cold tolerance.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Pug west. I like it.

Ben – It’s truly been a pleasure working with you these short years. I’m going to miss you! New guy better carry that heavy dang production case to and from the hotel like you always did. New guy better NOT be as grumpy in the morning or catch bigger fish than us during the breaks!

The upside is that I get somebody new to tell all my old jokes too. The down is that we’ll be missing some of the talents that helped us really turn a corner these past few years. Still, I’m guessing that we someday might be doing a Mississippi crappie, Lous’iana Red, or Texas green show thanks to your input. At the very least maybe we’ll shoot some turkeys with a southern drawl to their gobble.

Fare thee well my friend, and shoot straight in a few weeks!

Joel

4walleye
    Central SD

Congratulations on your new endeavor, and wonder if you will pick up that southern accent? Anyway I hope you will report back on your New Mexico elk hunt, I believe it was in the Gila Unit. I will be leaving September 1 for my SD, once in a life time archery elk hunting adventure after 24 years of applying.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Good Luck on the new venture wave

Deb Dallas
    Inactive
    Minneapolis

Hey cutie, sorry I didn’t get to know you but good luck down south! You’ll love it there. I just moved up here from Alabama for work.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Best of Luck Ben! The heat and humidity will make for good training conditions for your SW Elk Hunt!

FDR

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

May you be blessed with continued success, Ben. You and your great work will be missed beyond what words might be able to express. Best of luck in all that the future holds for you. Looking forward to your posts and updates for your IDO family. Take care, safe travels and enjoy this new chapter and adventures in your life.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.