Leading the way – Chequamegon Bay

• jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

First ice is always a great thing.. And, one thing that is great with Lake Superior, is that we usually extend first ice for sometime throughout the winter, as we shuffle our way farther and farther north from Ashland on an expanding ice pack.. And as usual, we are always staying on this freshest ice, keeping our clients on the best bite on the lake. This week was no different..

Even with a major medical emergency happening in my family, the rest of our guide team; Josh Teigen, Josh Pearson and Chris Lavalley, who got clients out and checked ice throughout the new ice we built. Everything went smoothly and folks caught fish and we stayed one step ahead on the best bite, once again.. Cant thank those guys enough for their help!! Oh, and cant forget my good friend and one who always is on the first ice with me, Tim Foley..

Coming back on Sunday, I got to lay some stress to rest, and got back to the ice and we all got to have a great day on the ice.. Now, its back to business as usual – running our daily trips and our permanent fish house as well!!

Chequamegon Bay Fish House Rentals

Hope you all are having a great ice season!! Quite nice up here on the big lake.. All different kinds of Trout, Whitefish, OH MY!!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Thanks for the update Jim! Some nice fish you have there! Are you seeing ice up to Bayfield yet? I will be making a trip down shortly, i will give ya a ring later in the week.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

ANY of those fish have got to be a blast on ice tackle!

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Thanks everyone!! Definately a treat to have this body of water in my back yard.. Always fun bringing folks out here and watching them catch some fish.. And you bet, a BLAST, catching any of these trout on ice tackle! The drags can sure sing!!

Grant – got ice up here.. Give a call..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.