Great Fishing – Sadly, not on Chequamegon Bay

• jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Man – these temperatures need to DROP – ASAP!! We are still at a stand still with Chequamegon Bay ice, some out here (mainly off Second Landing and at the head of the Bay) and a few folks out – but there is a lot of open water around still, so nothing I am out on yet.

But, with the sad news of the bay being crappy for ice, we are making up for on our inland water. We are blessed to have hundreds of lakes at our disposal, for a variety of species. Its a great time to go chase Monster Crappies in the morning then head to another lake at “walleye time” to ice a few marble eyes. Big lakes to small, the area is hard to match for multi-species action. And am happy that we do have great ice conditions on these lakes.. So, until the big lake freezes, we will be headed inland to cure our clients ice fishing itches!!

Northern WI Ice Crappies

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

With an excellent catch of panfish like those pictured and some walleyes to boot, I’m finding it very, very hard to feel sorry for your issue with a lack of Bay ice. Especially since down here by Madison, we have virtually no ice that is safe to fish off of right now.

Nice mess of fish!

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

Nice work Jim! I was just to the west of you on a solid bite. Agree, kind of a bummer with the lack of ice on the big lake here. And every time it gets cold the wind cranks up.

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

Jim any lakes you can let me in on at all?? taking wife up this weekend to our cabin in Corny to try some fishing–can PM me info if like–thanks

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

looks like am going to have to search–or I might just go kill some time on sisiwitt

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Hey man, sorry – was gone pretty much right up to now.. Been a busy few weeks.

Always best to give a ring, if I dont respond.. My cell is listed on my website.

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

no problem–didnt want to bother you too much either–was just looking for lil info is all–thanks—might go back up soon and try again–caught some lil crappies–but only went out one day over weekend–so windy on Sunday–plus few beers night before!!

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Nice job, makes me want to head up to the cabin in Herbster and hunt around for some nice pannies

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Lots of lakes that have them!! Its been really good!!

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

Well I tried about how many lakes??–Lil Sisiwitt–lil crappies–Holst–lil crappies/perch Lenwee–very lil perch Delta–few panfish/northern Twin lakes—few panfish-nothing great Horseshoe–nothing Crstral–nothing Pine–nothing — guess i tried wrong lakes!! oh well was still nice to be out with no one else on lakes!!

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

That is one thing I do love up here – always can usually find some place to have a little peace and quiet out on the water, ice or in the woods!!

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

So true!! guys at work think am crazy with a cabin 3 1/2 to 4 hours away–but when am up there–I hate coming back to busy streets and towns!! looking like the bay is up and running now??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.