• Iowaboy1

If I gave you 86,400 of something everyday for seventy years, how would you spend it??
    Mind you, there is no savings account for it, it has to be spent every minute of every hour of everyday.

Think on this real hard, it is an average, it is there to use as you choose, for everyone, some will live beyond seventy years and some get more than average, some will live only two, ten, or maybe twenty but they get the same amount everyday.
    Some wont get one, some will get a few.

Are you wondering what my point is?? an average heartbeat is 60 beats ( my guesstimate ) every minute of everyday, you only get so many, dont waste them as you dont know how many you have coming to you.
    And one day, you come to the reality that you dont have many tomorrows left and you start counting the ones you wasted………..

Live life like there is no tomorrow,, go, run, do everything in life you dreamed of doing and do your favorite ones twice at least.

TH

Sometimes when life gets busy, it’s easy to forget to enjoy life. Thanks for the reminder.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

This is so true.
    So easy to take things for granted.
    I need to live my life more like you have mentioned.
    Thanks Sheldon!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Well said! It is tough to live like that. Seems we’re always planning for the future and not living in the moment enough.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Yep,what he said.

Brad Dimond

Warren Zevon said it well on the David Letterman show shortly before he died – “Enjoy every sandwich.”

queenswake
    NULL

I’ve been frustrated lately knowing that summer is slipping away and I’ve been too busy to do all I had wanted and planned. Between weddings and other trips and family obligations, I’ve barely made it out on the water since spring. Meanwhile, all I do is work and work hard.

This is a good reminder to keep pushing to get away from work and enjoy life while we can.

Deuces

Last trip up north w kiddos we make our stop at Treasure City in Royalton and bought myself a 40yr bday candle that will be used in a couple years. Funny how age creeps on ya, figured if I want to stay in on a weekend I’ll take a gander at the candle and get my a$$ up off the couch to make something happen!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Everyday is a gift.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Fun train from here to the finish line for me Brother!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

More words of wisdom from our Bullhead eating friend from south of the border. Lol! Great reminder of keeping what is important in the front of mind.

Umy
    South Metro

I have semi-retired since june 2021. Working part-time selling software and weekends being a golf course ranger.
    I have REALLY worked hard at slowing down. Don’t need to get there in the truck 20 minutes ago, now is just fine.
    Don’t need to to mow just now, after a bike ride is fine.
    Stay up late to watch a favorite old movie and fall asleep doing it? Just fine with that.
    I am a Type A OCD kind of person. Spending time in the boat with Sheldon and just talking and pondering life’s mysteries only reinforced that mindset. I should’ve had that attitude years ago and maybe I’d still be employed in the best job in the world instead of resigning and looking for quality of life in some other place. I think I had it but was just in too big a hurry to realize the bigger picture.
    Life is busy, life is hectic but…… life is what you make of it. Take your time and drive through it on idle sometimes, it’s more enjoyable.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

we make our stop at Treasure City in Royalton

My family had a cabin on Fish Trap in the ’60s. We would stop there on the way to get snacks. My older brother and I would share a small bag of Planter’s Cocktail peanuts. A couple times a summer my parents would buy us each a small wooden pop gun that had a cork with a string attached to the handle so you could pop it, pull it back to “reload” and pop again very quickly.
    I retired in Dec. 2020 and am definitely enjoying it. No part time jobs for me now or in the future. I haven’t fished as much as I thought I would. I’ve been doing a lot of odd jobs around the house that I let slide when I was working since at that time my free time would be hunting and fishing. Also spending a lot of time with my dogs, both labs. One just turned 13 and is slowing down so I’m giving her the Life ‘o Reilly as much as I can.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote from Doyle Brunson’s Twitter feed this morning.

“Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away”

-J.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.