7/3 gray ranger

• mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

You came out of Terry’s at 3-3:30. You loaded your boat on the trailer then went south on 169. Tried to stop you but you were to fast. You must of drug half the lake’s weeds with you. If you would of looked around and seen everyone else cleaning their trailers off. wished I’d of had my phone to take you picture.
    It just seems it’s always the guys with the 60k rangers that do it.
    Sorry, just ranting!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty broad brush you are painting with there. But yes, the weeds should be pulled off no matter what brand boat you are driving.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Hopefully the guy will learn when he gets pulled over and they find zeebs hiding in the milfoil and he sees the fine for transporting AIS shock

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Hopefully the guy will learn when he gets pulled over and they find zeebs hiding in the milfoil and he sees the fine for transporting AIS shock

isnt Milfoil still an AIS?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Did I just read that 2-3% of the lakes in Minnesota have AIS?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pool2fool wrote:</div>

Yeah but milfoil and other plants is only a $100 fine. Transporting Zeebs is $500!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnfishhunt wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pool2fool wrote:</div>

Yeah but milfoil and other plants is only a $100 fine. Transporting Zeebs is $500!

I guess its only a fine in you get caught… sad to say

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Maybe he has a cabin half mile down the road? Take care of the clean up in the driveway.

J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

maybe he was just in that big of hurry to get out of terry’s.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Maybe he has a cabin half mile down the road? Take care of the clean up in the driveway.

J.

Going a half mile down the road,,,,,, is that anything like being “just a little bit pregnant”?
    Weeds that fall from his rig end up on the roadway. The tires on other vehicles could throw said weeds up into the wheel wells where they get carried to most anywhere.

There is a reason weeds are to be removed before leaving the launch site.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

One of the folks that was at the landing at Ripple Lake says less than 5%. Most of them up the 169 corridor )

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

A $100 fine to a person who can afford a $60k boat is nothing. I think their attitude would be different if the fine started at $100 and went up based on the value of your equipment.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

yeah…you’d be “surprised” on how many can “afford” ’em…but people need to get over the fact some have money and others don’t…maybe poor people shouldn’t even be allowed to fish since then their tickets wouldn’t be worth anything…

If you have money or not there is no reason not to inspect your boat before leaving the access. I just made that statement because the post started with It just seems it’s always the guys with the 60k rangers that do this. And based on the value of my equipment I would be paying more. But I always double check my boat to avoid the ticket. Fines are about trying to deter someone from doing something. If the fine won’t affect you than…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

It just seems it’s always the guys with the 60k rangers that do it.

And here all along I thought it was the rest of us, blush
    A 60K Ranger guy surely can afford the fines
    I hope the DNR and the Minnesota lakeshore owners association gets wind of this.
    I’m tired of the Clean Boat Nazis following us.
    devil

munchy
    NULL

But was his plug in?!?

Ryan P
    Farmington

Maybe I always give people the benefit of the doubt but couldn’t it be possible the guy had some sort of family emergency or something to get to. Hate to jump to conclusions and shame him on a site like IDO without knowing the whole story.

mojogunter

A lot of ranger owner bashing going on here lately and not just this thread. Interesting idea that the guys with rangers should pay more because the normal fine wouldn’t detour them because they have the money to pay it, and it would have no effect on their pocket book. Now we need a few guys to start telling us how so many of the guys that are buying these expensive boats that have to take out a loan more than 5 years to pay for them are fiscally irresponsible and really can’t afford them, and therefore should not be subject to variable rate fines. devil

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

But was his plug in?!?

now thats a tongue twister right there

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

A lot of ranger owner bashing going on here lately and not just this thread. Interesting idea that the guys with rangers should pay more because the normal fine wouldn’t detour them because they have the money to pay it, and it would have no effect on their pocket book. Now we need a few guys to start telling us how so many of the guys that are buying these expensive boats that have to take out a loan more than 5 years to pay for them are fiscally irresponsible and really can’t afford them, and therefore should not be subject to variable rate fines. devil

No I was not trying to bash Ranger guys!
    I’ve just happen to see the last 3 times that nobody checked their boat, it was a Ranger. Instead of fining, they should have their boats put Out of Service for a month! That would be fair to everyone!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

jester if thats the case you need to get out more.

You think Ranger has 99% of the market?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Mojogunter makes a good point and I should retract my thought of the fine. It would hurt way worse to not be able to put your boat on the water for a month.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

And aren’t the high end Skeeters on par with Rangers when it comes to expensive toys?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

And aren’t the high end Skeeters on par with Rangers when it comes to expensive toys?

Lets keep this thread on point

basseyes

What about the rum river that flows out the sw end of the lake down into the Mississippi?

Ignorance about ais is never ending.

It’s not the weeds you see or can pull that are the only problem. There’s so much carpet on bunks that anything and everything can attach to. Not to mention the trailer framing that keeps a lot of debris sight unseen. But carry on throwing stones at easy targets. I’m not drinking the ais cool aid, it’s total ignorance.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Yes but……..they come with anti AIS software.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.