36" M St. Croix Premier ice rod

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Would this be a decent start for a walleye rod? Jigging mostly Jigging Raps & spoons & blades around the 1/8 oz. My main concern was the sensitivity or bite detection.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good length for stand up ice fishing.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

It has more of a parabolic bend to it but over all not a bad stick.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

It has more of a parabolic bend to it but over all not a bad stick.

I’ll have to admit I had to look that word up doah

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Lol sorry. The rod bends fully from tip to handle I guess it’d be a moderate action.

curleytail

Parabolic bend – no kidding? I have a 34″ M Premier for sale. I’d say it’s quite fast, most of the bend is in the first 1/3 of the rod from the tip, with what I’d call a very stout backbone.

The 36 might be a totally different animal, but I thought mine worked well for heavier baits like jigging raps or bigger sized, heavy spoons like buckshots. The tip didn’t get too mushy with the heavier baits. My Walleye Sweetheart is a little lighter in power and a little slower, in my opinion.

Sensitivity is plenty good, it’s just a little on the stiff side for the baits I usually use.

Hope that helps.

Tucker

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I used the 36″ a couple years ago and parabolic is how I’d describe it. St Croix might have redone it by now?

zab.jr
    Winona, Mn

I have three of 36″ rods. one M and two L all with Pflueger president reels. Love the setup.

curleytail

Or possibly the other way around. The St. Croix I have is several years old. Good chance they’ve changed something between then and now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.