24 volt plugin for new trolling motor?

• Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I will be installing a 24 volt bow mount trolling motor soon and will need to replace my current electrical plugin. I don’t want to wire with out a disconnect as I remove my motor and it sits on the casting deck during travel.
    What brand and style plugin do you guys recommend? Obviously the plug I use, will have to be capable of handling the amps, but I’m sure some brands are better quality than others with the same rating.

Max draw for this motor is 56 amps and I’ll be using the recommended 8 gauge wire from the batteries to the plug receptacle.
    What brand and style plugin do you guys recommend? Thanks

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

I switched to 24v last year and installed a new plug. I also wanted to be able to remove my motor often without worrying about the plug wearing out from use.

Battery Tender Power Connect Trolling Motor D/C Connector

I flush mounted the socket and the socket has a waterproof cover for when it’s not being used. It’s a little spendy, $50 on Amazon, but I figure when I’m saving money doing my own rigging that makes up for it.

I don’t see ever wearing this plug out.

Attachments:
    1. 181258i3_ts.jpg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Out of curiosity, why do you need a disconnect to set it inside the boat? Just unplugging is the same thing, isn’t it?

Yes I want to disconnect it by unplugging it at the receptacle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.